𝟎𝟑 - 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

"𝗠𝗜𝗥𝗔𝗕𝗘𝗟 𝗜𝗦 𝗠𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗, why are you asking?"
You responded, raising an eyebrow at his behavior.

He mumbled something under his breath.
You felt really uncomfortable at this point, but you forced yourself to stay put, not wanting to hurt your friend.

"Forget it. How was your day, Mi Vida?"
He said, wrapping his arm around your shoulder.
You slightly flinched at his touch, looking at him warily.

Clearing your throat, you answered him.
"Um, it was fine, I guess."
You averted your gaze to the ground.

His eye slightly twitched as you didn't say what he wanted to hear. It went unnoticed by you tho.
"Just fine? Well, I bet I can turn that into-"

"Not now, Camilo, please. I'm tired, I want to rest. We can hang out tomorrow, okay?"
You sighed, removing his arm from your shoulder and giving him a tired smile.
You noticed his mood drop immediately, but decided to ignore it. You could really use some rest right now and Camilo was your last concern at the moment.

He hesitantly nodded, trying his best to form a smile on his face. The guilt was starting to come up, so you quickly gave him a hug and left, feeling confused about your own emotions.

You felt like a horrible friend for doing that to him, but something told you that it was the right thing to do.

The walk home was filled with the comforting silence of the night, as you let your thoughts consume you.

You didn't know how to feel about today.
First it was Mirabel, then it was Camilo.
You were so confused. So irritated.
But as you thought back to Mirabel, you suddenly felt warm on the inside.

You looked up, seeing your house in front of you. The warmth faded. You simply stood there, staring into the almost dead looking thing you called your home.

It didn't feel like a home to you.

You lived there alone, since your parents were very busy people, constantly having to work. Most of the time the Madrigals looked after you when you were a child, but in the end you would still sleep at home with your parents. No matter how long they gone for, they always ended up coming home, until one day they didn't. You turned 14 that day.
Your guess was that your parents were tired and just decided that you were old enough to take care of yourself, besides you had the Madrigals with you, right?

You sighed, pushing those thoughts away and opening the door to your house. It was so cold and lifeless now. It was truly a sad sight.

You lit a candle, before walking towards your room. You stopped, turning back and speed walking back to the front door. You had to make sure it was locked.

Now that that was done, you calmly walked towards your room, changing into your nightwear and getting comfortable in your bed.

You thought about everything that happened today one more time, before closing your eyes and letting yourself fall into a deep slumber.