Volleyball practice

It was exactly 5:12 when Atsumu Miya bursted into my room and woke me up by jumping on my bed. I love my brother but at this exact moment I wanted to strangle him. I know I accepted to come see them practice but sleeping in sounded so good right about now.

Anyway, I got out of my comfortable bed, pushed 'Tsumu out of the room and got ready. I simply put on a hoodie and some sweats. A couple of minutes later I heard a knock on my door, 'Samu's head peeped through the door.

"We gotta go or we'll be late and Kita will make us run"

I'm pretty sure I missed some information here. The school can't be a thirty minute drive away, and mom isn't even awake how is she going to drive us?
Oh
Shit
We're walking
Oh hell nah
Nope
I was tired, I did not want to walk up to the stupid practice, why did I accept it.

"Come on Miki i really don't feel like running laps today" Atsumu who was now in the room said impatiently.

I got up from the bed giving him a brief glare.

"You never told me we would have to walk"

"Well you never asked stupid"

"Stop fighting and let's go" Osama finally stated

We all quietly walked to the front door, careful to not wake up mom in the process. I slipped on my shoes and exited the house. Atsumu Osamu and I all walked together in silence, a very awkward silence. None of us knew what to say, so we just walked quietly.

After what seemed like an eternity we finally reached the gym, it was connected to the school. The school itself seemed pretty big. From here I could see the track, a small smile appeared on my face, maybe I would go run a bit just to get my blood flowing although, I wasn't exactly dressed for it. Atsumu grabbed my hand violently and dragged me inside of the gym, he swung the double doors open and barged inside.

All eyes turned onto us, I scanned the room noticing a bunch of tall people looking at Atsumu and I.

"Atsumu" one of the guys started

"Is that your girlfriend?" The same guy continued.

"Ew, what the hell is wrong with you, hell no. Being that morons girlfriend." I quickly said, obviously uncomfortable with the situation Atsumu had put me in.

"She's my sister Aran" Atsumu said

"There's a third Miya?" A boy who looked very tired questioned.

"Yes Suna, there's a third Miya." Osamu stated

"Hey I recognize you, you came third in the women's 400m race at the world athletic championships last week" It was true, I should have came in first, but I failed my start I started too late. It put me in a bad mood just thinking about it. I know that it's still good and that I should be proud, but you have no idea what it feels like to dedicate your whole life for running and coming in third just because you missed a start, it feels really bad. On top of that, having your coach yell at you because you ran badly doesn't help at all.

"yes that was me" I answered politely

"Wait you're a runner? I thought the Miyas were all volleyball players" the guy named Aran asked.

"Well little Miki here is gonna be the next Olympic runner for Japan, aren't you Miki?" Atsumu boasted while looking down at me.

"Atsumu please stop it's embarrassing" Osamu blurted out.

Then this dude named Kita arrived and made everyone start practice, as I was relaxing on the bleachers. Suddenly a ball flies in my direction and it hits my face before I have time to dodge it. The fox eyed player comes up to my apologizing profusely even after I tell him it's fine. I don't know why but I can't help but notice his tired eyes, he look exhausted. I keep looking into his eyes until Atsumu starts hollering at the boy to come back and play. He apologizes one last time and heads back to the court. Here I am alone again watching my siblings play volleyball. I won't lie, they are pretty good at it. I'd even go to say that they are really good. But I won't tell them that, 'Tsumu's ego is already big enough. I'm sure all their fan girls tell them they are amazing at volleyball every day, they don't need me to tell them.

I can't help but notice the rest of the team, they all play in synergy, their passes and communication skills are amazing, their captain seems to have this silent authority on the rest of the team. It's impressive. And the way that lazy middle blocker would trick the everyone, it was the first time in my life that I watched a sport other than running and was actually interested. For the next thirty minutes everyone was concentrating. Until a person walked in. It was now approximately 7:00. The sun had already risen and the air was becoming warmer and stuffier. The girl who had just walked in apparently was the manager of the team. I'm going to be honest she was very pretty. Her hair reached her waist, it was raven. She had big innocent eyes hidden behind her bangs. She was very cute, she somewhat reminded me of the fox eyed blocker. They radiated the same aura, both stood the same and their lazy smile were eerily similar. She looked up at me, waved and then went to sit next to the coach, soon enough she started scribbling stuff in her notebook certainly about the team and their performance.

I didn't understand the point of a manager, all they do is sit there and write about their team. I don't understand why she chose to be the manager instead of actually playing.

Soon enough practice ended, everyone rushed around the girl. I approached the twins carefully trying my best to not seem weird. I just wanted to hear what the girl was about to say.

"Rintarō, how many times have I told you... you need to stop being lazy" everyone started giggling.
"Atsumu you should stop laughing you need to stop thinking you're better than everyone else on the court. Your ego is too big for your own good." That's when I lost it, believe me when I say I broke out in laughter, I already loved this girl. Soon enough everyone turned around. The girl had a concerned look plastered on her face. She had never heard anyone have the guts to laugh at Atsumu especially not a girl.

Atsumu turned around staring at me dead in the eyes.
"Will you stop laughing moron, you look ugly when you laugh" he stepped forward hoping to be able to slap me or some shit like that. But Osamu stopped him

"Will you two stay quiet for a minute people are listening"

The manager then proceeded to list off everything the team needed to work on. As soon as she finished the boys all went to get their stuff. The girl then stepped next to me

"You must be Miki, I never thought I would meet you in person. The twins constantly talk about their younger sister-"

"EHHH! I AM LITERALLY THREE MINUTES YOUNGER THAN ATSUMU IM NOT THAT MUCH YOUNGER" the poor girl looked scared so I gave her my sweetest smile and apologized for yelling. She said it was fine and also said her name was Hana Suna. She then gave me her phone number saying that it was in case I needed anything before school starts.

As I was exiting the building not waiting for my two slow brothers someone spoke my name.