Rintarō Suna

As I was exiting the building not waiting for my two slow brothers someone spoke my name.

I turned to meet the gaze of a certain exhausted middle blocker.

"Hey I'm really sorry for hitting you with that ball earlier"

"Don't worry about it really, I'm fine" I felt bad for making him worry so much. He didn't look like the type of person to worry about something so small.

"Can I do something to help you and apologize properly" he questioned, I thought about it for a minute until something actually came to my mind.

"Do you know how to skateboard?" I looked up at him with curious eyes

"Yes I can" he looked down at me with a puzzled look

"Teach me" I blurted out

"Huh? You want me to teach you how to skateboard, don't the twins know how to?"

"Well yes but see, if they teach me there is a very high risk of me strangling them or them purposely making me fall which I am not too keen on. Therefore a stranger teaching me would mean that there is less chance of anyone getting hurt."

"Yeah I guess that makes sense, why do you want to-" before he could finish his sentence 'Samu and 'Tsumu came out of the gym and started bombarding me with questions about how they looked while playing. And if they were good enough and other irrelevant questions to which I would respond later. Right now the only thing that interested me was the fox eyed blocker. I never even got his name. I ignored my brothers and asked him his name. When I tell you, Atsumu was outraged that I just ignored him, the boy said his name was Suna Rintarō. I hope I remember it.

Walking back 'Tsumu did not shut up for even one second about how I ignored him to talk to Suna Rintarō but at this point I was used to it. Every time I came here he would always bug me about boys, during Christmas when I came here I did have a boyfriend but turns out he was a cheater and well he cheated on me with some rando he had met at one of our many dorm parties. I never told 'Samu or 'Tsumu that I got cheated on or else they probably would tell me that I needed to be more careful. And the wound is still pretty fresh so I don't really need people to tell me I shoulda known better.

We finally reached home and I decided to head to my room to get changed and go on a run. 'Tsumu insisted to come with me to which I simply agreed because I didn't want him bugging me anymore. I went to put on some shorts and a sports bra grabbed my running shoes. When I went downstairs 'samu was cooking and Atsumu was waiting patiently for me to come downstairs. I headed for the door after tying my shoes, leaving Atsumu rushing behind trying to catch up. I slowed down so he didn't have to sprint to catch up to me. As soon as he caught up I started running at my normal pace again

I could hear him panting next to me. If I hadn't slowed down, he would have died right in the middle of the sidewalk. After I slowed down, he looked up at me and smiled, silently thanking me for slowing down. Although if you asked Atsumu to describe me he would use the words demon and evil in his description, I'm not that evil; the proof is that I slowed down so 'Tsum Tsum didn't die on me. When we took a break, we had just finished our third mile and we were at the skate park. I didn't even dare look at how long that took us but at least 24 minutes which was awfully slow but, in my defense, it was Atsumu's first time running with me, and I had to take it easy for him. For reference when I run on my own, I usually run approximately three miles I run it in 17 minutes but I'm not gonna put myself down for running slower today.

The skate park was almost empty except for a group of kids and an older teenager who looked eerily familiar, turns out that Atsumu had recognized Suna Rintaro before me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to where he was sitting. His skateboard was laying next to him, under the 9am sun we could see the prominent dark circles under his eyes.

"Hi Rintaro" I said waving at him.

Atsumu abruptly turned to stare at me, breaking into laughter. Seeing the look on Suna's face I realized I had made a mistake. Suna was looking at me with wide eyes, and a faint blush scattered his face and an awkward smile was plastered on his face. I had officially embarrassed myself. I bowed down, apologizing over and over for calling him by his first name. I explained to him that back in the US everyone calls each other by their first name except for people older than you. He simply laughed it off saying it was ok and that I could call him by his first name if it was easier for me, I sternly refused saying it would be impolite for me to do so. Honestly, this was already the second time I felt like a stranger in my home. I missed my friends, I missed my life in California, I basically missed everything. I hated feeling like a stranger in my own country, the place where I grew up, my whole family lived here why did I ever choose to go to the US in the first place. Yes, it helped me with my running career. But at the same time, I now felt so distanced from my culture, my family, my old life.

"Atsumu how about you leave your sister here so she can learn to skateboard, and you're allowed to walk back home." Suna said flatly. Atsumu quickly glanced at me then at Suna. Nodded and walked away.

"Okay, how do I start; I don't even have a skateboard here." I asked. Suna let out a short dry laugh and told me to hop onto his skateboard.

Honestly, I don't even know why I wanted to learn how to skate, I guess that having a hobby beside running would be healthy plus it looked like fun so why the hell not. For the first ten minutes Suna had to explain how to stand on the board, which was a lot longer than expected. Although I was standing still on the board I still managed to fall a couple of times; skateboarding was a lot scarier that what I thought it was going to be. My ass hurt and suna had already been laughing about my fifth fall.

"Are you just gonna look at me or are you gonna help me up." I said grumpily, this fall hurt more than the previous ones, but seeing how hard Suna was laughing I guess it was also funnier. The best part was that we hadn't even started moving, I didn't even dare imagine how many times I would fall once we would start moving.

"Ok Miss Grumpy, come on. It was a funny fall, you gotta admit it." A lazy smirk was plastered on his face, I grabbed his had and pulled him down to the ground with me. He landed right next to me, we were both laughing so hard until my phone started ringing. I grabbed it from my back pocket, a smile still plastered on my face until I saw the caller ID.