You're slow

I texted suna back thanking him for wishing me good luck. I felt kinda bad for texting Suna in the middle of a conversation but I would have felt bad to not answer him. I raised my head and had two pairs of eyes on me. Yuma and Christian had both stopped talking and were now just staring at me. It was starting to make me very uncomfortable but I got saved by the coach who had just arrived and called the team to gather. I walked slowly toward the group hoping to be able to talk to the coach before starting actual practice.

"Good afternoon everyone" she yelled as she stepped onto the track.

"As you may know, since I told you yesterday we have a new member on the team" I cringed at the fact that she referred to me as a member already, I hadn't even taken the time to get to know everyone or to see if I liked it.

"Let's get running," she said, clasping her hands together.

All of the people walked towards the track probably to do a warmup lap or something like that. I stayed back to talk to the coach. Turns out that she and my coach talked and my coach told her that I would be happy to be on the team without even asking my opinion which was slightly awkward for me but I accepted nonetheless.

By 6:30pm the practice was over and I was ready to head home until I got stopped by an exhausted looking Christian. He asked me for my phone number which I gladly gave since he said it was for information about practice. I kinda knew that wasn't why he was asking but acted dumb and gave in without a fight. I called a taxi to come and drive me home. This time I didn't care whether or not the driver wanted to talk to me. I was going to listen to my music. Soon enough I arrived home after a relatively short taxi ride. It was now around 7:00pm, I stepped into the house and it was awfully quiet.

In this house when it was quite something was wrong. Panic was starting to rise, I tried looking in their room and they weren't there, they weren't in front of the tv either. Of course I was panicking, with Atsumu I wasn't sure what to expect. Lastly I checked the backyard where I felt my shoulders relax as I saw my two brothers with a bunch of guys from their team. When I opened the door all the eyes turned on me. The awkwardness was tangible, their beady eyes looking at me like I was some alien, and nobody spoke or dared to move until I finally took a step back and walked into the house once again. I closed the door and felt a wave of embarrassment wash over me. Why was it so awkward, they literally met me this morning. Why are they acting so surprised, like I literally live here. I went up to my room to take a warm shower and change into some more comfortable clothes.

After I finished doing all my stuff upstairs I started thinking about dinner. I didn't want to go back out there so I just texted 'Samu and 'Tsumu to see if their friends were staying over for dinner. Of course they weren't replying so I had to muster up all my courage and go outside again. I walked to the back door and opened it slowly, I poked my head out.

"'Tsumu, 'Samu! Come here for a minute" of course only Atsumu heard me and didn't even budge. I glared at him for a second before making my way outside. I was bearfoot and the grass was tickling the bottom of my feet but I kept walking to make this interaction as short as possible.

"Atsumu Miya, are your friends staying over or not?" I questioned him in an impatient tone.

"Chill out Miki, why don't you ask them yourself. No need to be so pressed about it" He replied, at this point I couldn't even tell why he was acting like this.

"'Samu, why is Atsumu acting like this?"

"Damn Miya, for a runner you're really slow aren't you" I heard one of the guys yell from across the pool. I abruptly turned around to face whoever was talking, it turned out it was Aran, and even better I finally realized that Atsumu was drunk and it was barely 8 pm. I didn't even want to imagine what he was going to be like at midnight if he continued at this rhythm.

"Want a drink?" A boy, whose name I later learned was Ginjima, asked as he handed me a freshly opened bottle of beer.

I had one rule during my season and that was no drinking, but my season was almost at its end and I wouldn't have any big races before a couple of months. It wouldn't hurt anybody. I grabbed the bottle and took a long sip.

It was now 9:30 pm and I was what one could call drunk. I had changed out of my comfortable clothes and switched them out for a bathing suit. Atsumu and I were singing some random song and everyone else was laughing at our terrible singing. Suna had his phone out and was filming the whole scene from afar. The song soon ended and I had finished what seemed like my third beer, even though judging by the four other bottles next to my towel I guess it must have been more than that but tonight I was here to have fun not to think about how much I had to drink.

"I'M STARVING HOW ABOUT WE ORDER SOME PIZZA" I yelled out to the boys.

"HELL YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT MIKI" Atsumu replied excitedly

Osamu and Suna who were now chatting in a corner. I walked up to them, handed Samu my phone and told him to order a couple of pizzas. While he was dialing the pizza place Suna and I were calmly chatting, it was evident that Suna was drunker than I was. Half the words he said didn't make sense, I just kept laughing at him. This man was so drunk, he couldn't even string a proper sentence together. We were both laughing, and I was so close to pissing myself, until Osamu finished the call and joined in.

"Miki, i think you're done drinking for tonight." he said flatly

"AWW NO WHY, I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN RIGHT NOW" I yelled out

"Yeah Samu you're such a party pooper" Suna chimed in

"YEAH SAMU'S A PARTY POOPER, YOU OLD GRANDPA" the rest of the group laughed at my joke. Osamu simply shook his head and scanned the area to try to find Atsumu since it had been a while since he had last seen him. Suddenly Atsumu bursted out of the house with aran and he was holding two bottles of tequila.

"TIME FOR SHOTS YOU LITTLE BITCHES" he now was yelling too, I squealed of excitement. Osamu sighed and went inside the house leaving me and the team lining up for some shots.