lingering glances

╔═ . ✵ . ══════════╗
"I see forever in your
eyes. I feel okay when
I see your smile, smile.."
╚══════════ . ✵ . ═╝

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

I look up from my slightly overcooked pieces of bacon as Ikaris enters, smiling to him briefly. He smiles to me as he passes, his hand lingering across my hip. He scrunches his nose to me as he looks to the others sitting in the dining area staring at their cups

He grabs a mug and sprite says "Don't!"

I look to sprite suspiciously and Ikaris says "What? Why is everyone being so weird?"

Kingo smiles and says "Lena, Ajak gave you a raving review on your eggs you made her. They were only mildly undercooked this time. Gilgamesh's were inedible."

I glare at him and Ikaris sips on his coffee. He spits it back into the cup as he goes into a coughing fit. Sersi's head snaps up and she quickly scrambles to her feet. I smack Ikaris' back and say "Drink much?"

He groans as Sersi stands at the wall of the kitchen, peering over the corner towards us "You alright Ikaris?"

He nods saying "Yeah.. that coffee was just.."

I look at Kingo's whispering to the others as I say "I made that coffee."

Ikaris' eyes widen and he says "It was just... too good. Too hot though."

I nod and smile to him lightly. He walks into the dining room sitting down saying "Lena why'd you decide to cook for us today?"

"Couldn't sleep. Had this reoccurring dream about Gilgamesh and Thena fighting. Don't ask. It's weirder the more I explain."

He chuckles and Sersi says "And it involves a shovel."

I scoff saying "Quit giving away my secrets missy."

She chuckles and I feel heat coming from behind me as I have a conversation with them. Phastos says "I created a plow for them."

"I thought you were making them more advanced improvements."

Ikaris looks to me concerned and nudges Sprite beside him "Is something burning?"

Gilgamesh says under his breath "it's probably just the coffee."

Ikaris shakes his head standing up and Phastos says "Ajak told me to dull it down, alright?"

I smile and tease "Yeah. She's always gotta be the party pooper." Ajak says "I happen to be a very fun person and you know that Lena!"

Ikaris shouts "Lena!"

My eyes swoop over to him as he throws a towel over the grease fire I started on the stove. Kingo says "Is it out?! Ah! I hate fire! Ikaris!"