Day 8: Favorite Couple

Prompt: Write a love story about your favorite couple that you like from existing movies, novels, games etc. It cannot be your original character(s) from your own stories.

Characters: Beidou & Ningguang (Genshin Impact)

---

Liyue was having a fireworks display by the harbor and many planned to gather with their friends and loved ones for the event.

Beidou thought of inviting the high standing lady she liked, lady Ningguang. But Ningguang is the busy type, married to her duties and money. That didn't stop Beidou from asking Ningguang to watch the fireworks with her.

At dusk, gathered together are the people of Liyue, plus visitors and traveler Aether with his emergency food. Ningguang had the allowance, or rather made time in her schedule to join the Crux fleet's well known pirate in watching the every now and then somewhat dangerous activities.

One day, assuming it hasn't already been done, a child will be attacking hillichurls with the so potent fireworks. A dangerous choice of weapon really. Would potentially hurt the users themselves.

Usually dressed in a primarily white dress, with yellows and ambers to it, the lady this time dressed in a midnight purple that faded into a feathery lavender. Warmth crept into Beidou's cheeks for both reasons being that Ningguang actually accepted her invitation, and it was evident she put effort into her attire.

It almost seemed that Ningguang often wouldn't find it worth her time to put on the best look for other people when she could be finishing some important things. Today was special.

"Hey... Ningguang." Beidou greeted.

"Hello my pirate friend. It appears I've made it in time to not miss the beginning of the show." Ningguang looks up to the sky watching the clouds painted hues of dandelion yellow turn into murky blues. The atmosphere went well with her attire and she was satisfied for that.

They wait in silence until the fireworks begin and the crowd could be heard gasping in awe, eyes delighted to see the splash in color that illuminated the dark sky above.

"It's pretty. I've seen fireworks a lot, every now and then in Inazuma too. There's a girl there I met that absolutely adores fireworks. Even then, I can't get enough of seeing them." The pirate speaks of her ventures.

"Mhm. Fireworks are a spectacle to behold. To me it's a tangible visualization of what it feels like to experience sudden bouts of joy, do you agree?"

"I didn't quite catch that-"

Beidou chuckles awkwardly. It was like Ningguang was trying to say something but not being straightforward about it.

"Let me demonstrate."

No one noticed. All, too caught up in the fireworks. Ningguang placed her fingers on Beidou's chin before leaning in to kiss her. It lasted a few moments, and within their hearts felt fireworks of their own.

"Did you get it yet? Or do I need to demonstrate once again?" A sly, sly question coming from Ningguang.

"Yeah I uh, I understand what you were saying."

Standing stiff in surprise Beidou looks away to continue watching the fireworks. A sheepish grin graces her face feeling Ningguang's fingers brushing against hers, until finally grabbing hold of her hand in a gentle manner.

"Let's enjoy the fireworks, Beidou."