The Reality

Michael just sat there, slumped on his bed as if he had no will to live. His eyes were drooping down, holding on for dear life as he imagined a life where he was loved by his father, where his mother was still there to comfort him, and where everybody adored him. His mind went fuzzy and blank for moments, he didn't feel too well, but he had no choice but to suck it up.
Michael's POV.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me..." My ass. Those exact words we had to recite on numerous occasions. It didn't even help me. It never did. It only made me worse, and it only made me hate myself more. Y/N is the only fucking good person in my life right now, she's so sweet, but guess what? Dad loves her too. I don't even know why dad loves that rat, I wish she wasn't alive so maybe I had a possibility to be loved.
ORIGINAL POV.
Michael sat on his bed, absorbed by the negative mindset that he was useless, he was fed up of the hatred projected by his father and didn't have the energy to do anything. Although, there was something about his sister that was off, she seemed as if she was oblivious to the hidden truth, but all of her other siblings including himself...knew.
TW, HINTS OF SCHIZOPHRENIA AND HALLUCINATIONS. POSSIBLE HINTS OF SELF-HARM.
"What the hell is different about her?" Michael whispered to himself in his head. "Nothing is different about me." Y/N stood before his doorframe staring at him. "Nothing is." she giggled demonically. He was at loss for words, his eyebrows arched and his lip quivered in pure fear. "H-How on earth did you figure out what I was thinking?" he sobbed, he wasn't safe here, everything and everyone had minds of their own. "Punch me like you always want to Mikey!" she smiled, appearing to be innocent yet malicious. "Come closer to me, my beloved." a recognisable voice harmonised behind him. Nobody except a special person called him that. His mother...Before his torso rapidly sped round, his 'mother' was gone. Michael was overwhelmed and began to weep. He strained his hands in a claw-like formation and clawed his arm in infuriation. He gritted his teeth and sobbed, playing with his own hair as if his mom was.
"Michael! Come play with me!" yelled a sweet, soft voice. Y/N wanted him to come play with him for once, although he couldn't. His arm was full of tracks of harm and agony, and he looked a mess. "O-Okay!" he stuttered, displaying a peaceful, joyful tone. "Coming sis!" In reality, he couldn't look at her the same, and thought he was the devil in the disguise. He thought as if she was only acting as if she enjoyed his comfort to make himself feel pleasure. That wasn't the case. Y/N adored him.

BACK TO NORMAL.
Michael hopped off his bed, beginning to feel pure excitement and barged into Y/N's room. "Sis!-" he whooped. But, as he made his entry into his room, he saw that  she was nowhere to be seen. "Huh?" Michael thought to himself. He looked down at his arm, and the traces of the unforgettable were still there. "Sis?" he questioned again in an unknown tone. "Yes?" she responded complexed. "You wanted to play with me, right?" Michael stood in her doorway, perplexed but hoping for maybe a 'yes' answer. "Oh! Sure. Come in!" she assured Michael, her room was such a paradise, full of pink and joy, and jewellery from his mother and her signature perfume. As soon as he entered, he had a strong aroma of that exact perfume he adored on his mother. "Haha. That perfume reminds me of mom." he smiled, tightly confining his tears before exploding into waterworks. "Hey. Michael, I can read you like a book. You know that, right? I know you're upset." she consoled. "I miss mom too, it's just that, daddy told me it's okay and she watches over us in the sky like an angel!" she snickered, only reassuring herself of the positives as her father taught. "Haha, yeah! I can imagine her giggling whenever we have those play-fights, or when we comfort each other!" Michael chuckled, he felt safe with her. Y/N was like his new mother, just in a younger and realistic version. A version where she was going through the same thing as Michael, without observing it and being oblivious.
"Alright! So, what toys do you have?" he questioned, euphoric to play. "I have this gold bear with a cute purple top hat! Evan brought it into my room when we played, and he said daddy bought it him from work." she expanded. "Oh right! That sounds super cool. I wish dad would bring me back a toy from work!" he manifested, although he truly meant it. "I remember he bought me and Lizzy one! Lizzy has this cool doll who works in a circus I think! I have a cool gold bunny." Y/N displayed to Michael her's, Evan's and Lizzy's. He immediately snatched the bunny and stared into it's eyes. He replicated a traumatic scene in his mind but shook his head and wiped it away.
"Yeah...Evan's is cool. But he doesn't like animatronics, so why would dad get him one?" Michael queried, somewhat concerned. "Never mind, it's kind of funny anyway. I could imagine him getting scared and crying himself to sleep at night cause of that stupid teddy staring at him!" he brutally grinned. "What the hell Michael? Get out!" Y/N screamed at him at the top of her lungs. She was absolutely appalled about what he just said. She pushed herself up and grabbed Michael's shirt. "Get out...Or I'll make you!" she questioned before threatening him, but it was honestly the only appropriate way to make him. "I didn't do anything! I'm sorry!" he pleaded, before getting interrupted by the slap of Y/N. "I-I-I said get out!" she shrieked, stuttering and astonished. She didn't know what overcame her. "DON'T TOUCH ME!" Michael booted her in her stomach, causing her to drop to the ground, smacking her head off a toy. Her mind went fuzzy and her eyes rolled to the back of her head. "No no no no no no...NO." he repeated to himself in a low enough tone so his father didn't hear. He sprinted towards Y/N and grasped her head. She was cold to touch and abnormally pale. "Come on Y/N. COME ON Y/N!" he prayed. "COME FUCKING ON Y/N!" he yelped with tears swiftly rolling out of his eyes. Her shirt was progressively gathering puddles of Michael's tears as he towered over her, attempting to help her. He heard an immense footstep. He promptly turned round and expected the worse. But to his relief, nobody was there, it was only Evan walking out of his room into Elizabeth's. "Y/N. You have to wake up..." he knew that if she didn't wake up before his father barged in, he would be absolutely dead. He placed two fingers on her neck and fortunately felt a now accelerating pulse.
Moments later, she gasped for air and sat up. She was about to scream her lungs out, but she was met by the touch of Michael's hand to her mouth. "You can't. I'll be dead, Y/N. Do you understand me?" he blubbered. "I'm scared..." he wailed and fell into her arms. "M-Mikey? Why did yo-you do that? I-I don't feel to...to-to-to well. My stomach hurts and everything is blurry..." she held back waterworks for the sake of Michael. She really did love him. "I didn't mean to, okay love?" he was gobsmacked and covered his mouth. He felt as if he was mimicking his father. "B-But I didn't mean it Y/N. You know I would never do that to you on purpose. I love you, it's just that I react really bad with people touching me." he explained in the most friendly way for her. He didn't want to expose the news about his father. "That's okay, but why can't I tell anybody?" she wobbled about, she was weak but genuinely needed to know why. "Because I'll get in trouble for hurting you..." he responded in a nice tone. "I get that, but you deserve it!" she shrugged nastily. "I know but I won't JUST be in trouble. Just don't tell anyone!" he blurted. "I feel bad enough." He got off his knees and offered Y/N a hand. "Mhm. Okay." she mumbled. "Now get out my room before I change my mind." she commanded him in a fed up way. "But can we not just talk?-" he offered politely although he was hushed by Y/N pushing him out and slamming the door behind him. "I meant it!"