Chapter X-Ophelia

𝓞𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓪'𝓼 𝓑𝓮𝓽𝓻𝓪𝔂𝓪𝓵

𝓞𝓹𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓪'𝓼 𝓑𝓮𝓽𝓻𝓪𝔂𝓪𝓵

As Ophelia arrived at the scene, it became evident that something grave was unfolding. From a distance, she could see Will and Elizabeth in shackles, held captive by navy men who donned uniforms unfamiliar to Port Royal. Other officers from Port Royal were also present, but Ophelia didn't have time to give them much attention. She sprinted toward the commotion, disregarding the hindrance posed by her dress and shoes. However, before she could reach her sister and Will, her path was obstructed by two individuals—Cutler Beckett and Mercer. She called out to her father, who wore a displeased expression, demanding that they step aside immediately. Yet, neither of them moved an inch.
     "Miss Swann, I hope you had a better night's sleep than on the Endeavour," Cutler greeted her, his words laced with a hint of mockery. Ophelia couldn't help but scoff at his audacity. "You stand before me, my sister and Mister Turner in shackles, and still have the gall to greet me so casually? I don't think so," she retorted, taking a step back and raising her hands in front of her chest. The tension between them was palpable.
     "Well, Miss Swann, I am merely carrying out my duty by punishing them for aiding the pirate Jack Sparrow," Cutler replied, his lips curling into a self-satisfied smile.
     "Captain!" two voices called out from behind him, and he turned around, his expression growing even more satisfied. "So you still remember him. That makes things much easier." Ophelia felt a twinge of betrayal upon learning that Will and Elizabeth had assisted a pirate's escape, though her face remained composed, revealing only a hint of discontent.
     "While I've been informed that you had no involvement in their actions, if I see anything that suggests otherwise, I will not hesitate to imprison you as well, Miss Swann," Cutler warned, taking a small step to the side. Sensing an opportunity, Ophelia swiftly slipped between them and made her way toward her father, purposefully ignoring the couple who should have already been married by now.
     Inside her mind, countless questions swirled, but she couldn't find answers to any of them in that moment. Beneath it all, a dull feeling of betrayal lingered. Just as she felt a hand touch hers, she instinctively withdrew, knowing without looking that it was Elizabeth. Discreetly avoiding eye contact, she turned her gaze toward Lord Beckett, only to find both him and his assistant looking directly at her.

 Discreetly avoiding eye contact, she turned her gaze toward Lord Beckett, only to find both him and his assistant looking directly at her