Chapter XI-Cutler

𝓒𝓾𝓽𝓵𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮

𝓒𝓾𝓽𝓵𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮

Cutler Beckett observed the interaction between Ophelia and Elizabeth intently, a sly smile playing on his lips as he witnessed Ophelia pull her hand away from her sister. He locked eyes with Ophelia in that brief moment, their gazes meeting in a silent exchange. There was a spark of defiance in her eyes, a fire that intrigued him. He had underestimated her before, but now he realized that she possessed a cunning nature that could prove useful.

In the days that followed, Ophelia paid a visit to Cutler's office, requesting a private conversation. He assumed she had come to beg for her sister's release, a predictable plea that he had heard countless times. As she entered the room, he gestured for her to take a seat, his expression cool and composed.

"Mr. Beckett," Ophelia began, her voice steady and determined. "I must admit that my intentions are not what you may expect."

He raised an eyebrow, intrigued by her unexpected statement. "Pray, enlighten me, Miss Swann. What brings you here, if not to plead for your sister's freedom?"

Ophelia leaned forward slightly, her eyes fixed unwaveringly on him. "I have no desire to see Will Turner and Elizabeth released. In fact, I wish to assist you in keeping them here."

Cutler's surprise was evident, though he maintained his composed demeanor. "And why, might I ask, would you have such intentions?"

A small smile tugged at the corner of Ophelia's lips. "Because, Mr. Beckett, I have come to realize that their actions have endangered not only my family but also the stability of Port Royal. I believe that by aiding you in ensuring their containment, I can help safeguard our city and its interests."

Cutler studied her carefully, considering her words. This was not the outcome he had anticipated, but her proposition intrigued him. Ophelia was proving to be an ally he hadn't anticipated, a valuable asset in his pursuit of order and control.

"I must say, Miss Swann, you have taken me by surprise," Cutler admitted, his tone laced with a hint of admiration. "Your loyalty to Port Royal is commendable. We may find ourselves with a common purpose after all."

Ophelia's eyes gleamed with determination as she met his gaze. "Indeed, Mr. Beckett. I have no interest in setting them free. My goal is to assist you in maintaining their captivity and restoring order to our beloved city."

"