Ch. 3: Daredevil

(A/N:
Hey, everyone!
Before we begin, I'd like to apologize for how long it takes me to update this story. Most of my creative energy is currently focused into developing a prototype video game for a university project. It is an Attack on Titan fan game that will be playable on the Oculus Quest 2. 3D modeling everything is the most time intensive part of the project. I am also applying for summer internships with different game developers, so wish me luck!

Now, let's rock!!!)

*(Time Jump: Several  Months Later)*

It's been almost nine months since Y/N arrived in the world of Remnant and became Weiss Schnee's bodyguard/personal aid. And it's been seven months since Igor told him about his ability to draw power from the bonds he forges. It wasn't long after that conversation that he gained two new Arcanas. The first new addition was the Empress Arcana, which formed from his bond with Weiss. It was only natural that the two had become almost inseparable—they were more than bodyguard and charge, they were the best of friends. The second Arcana to appear was that of the Hierophant. This had formed from the bond between Y/N and Klein. Much like he'd done with Weiss, the kind-hearted butler had taken Y/N under his wing and functioned as a surrogate father figure for the boy from another world. They spent countless hours together in the kitchen always laughing and chatting as Klein taught Y/N how to cook.

Now, it was time for the young man's life to change even more. Today was the day that Weiss set off for Beacon Academy to pursue the life of a huntress. And, by extension, Y /N would accompany her--acting as both her bodyguard and her fellow student. Currently, both charge and bodyguard were riding in Bullhead owned by the Schnee family. The cabin was very luxurious with ample space to move around. Weiss was gazing out the window, completely lost in thought until Y/N waltzed over and plopped down onto the chair beside her.

You: What's on your mind Snowball?

Somewhere along the line, Y/N had come up with his own nickname for Weiss, though he only used it when they were alone or with Klein. The heiress had initially found the nickname annoying, but she gradually came to accept it.

Weiss: Oh! Hello, Y/N...  I was just thinking to myself.

You: (sarcastically) I can see that much. What are you thinking about?

Weiss: Well, if you must know--

You: (with a feigned enthusiasm) Oh yes, I simply must know!

Weiss: (rolling eyes and grinning) Very funny, Y/N. Now, if you will let me continue... (pausing to see what Y/N would do next) Good. If you must know, I was thinking about what life will be like when we get to Beacon.

You: (unconvinced) Really?

Weiss: (exasperated) Fine! You got me! I am worried about what will happen when we get to Beacon. What if one of us doesn't make it through the initiation? If I fail the initiation, but you pass, would you be forced to give up your spot and return to Atlas because you are my bodyguard? Or, what if we both fail?! What would--

Y/N firmly gripped Weiss by the shoulders which momentarily stopped her verbal spiral. To fully stop the anxiety of his charge, the young bodyguard used an age-old technique--a  warm hug, followed by a light karate chop to the head.

You: (chuckling) Weiss, there is nothing to worry about. We have trained together for countless hours in preparation for this. It would take a series of extremely bizarre and improbable circumstances to keep either of us from making it through initiation. And if something unfortunate does happen, you still wouldn't have anything to worry about. If I don't make the cut, and you do, then I am still allowed to stay with you as your bodyguard. And if the opposite happens, so what? I will happily give up my spot at Beacon if it means I can return to Atlas with you. Besides, I'm only attending Beacon because it'll be easier to keep an eye on you. So don't worry so much, alright?