Ch. 1: Enter-The Wild Card

Merry Christmas Everyone! This is a project I've been spending quite a while on, so thought "what better way to publish a new story, than as a Christmas gift to my wonderful readers!" Before we get to the story, I'd like to thank a few people for their help with this story. First, I would like to thank cowboykid110 for all the help he gave me when creating this story. He helped me flesh out all the details for this story, and helped me edit a most of this chapter. Thanks again little buddy. I owe ya big time! The second. Person I'd like to thank is Rubyfanguy12 for helping me iron out a few kinks in this chapter. He's also a writer, and you definitely need to check out his stuff, if you haven't already. His story, "Sacrifices" is very well done.
Now that we have all the housekeeping out of the way, let's get this party Started!

Happy Holidays,
~Brickhammer

—————————————————————————————————————————————
(3rd POV)

Inside the attic of the Leblanc Cafe, a young man lay awake in bed. He just wanted to sleep, but his mind just would not allow it. His thoughts were of his life, and the events that led to his current situation.

You: (depressed) How did things get to this point? I was only trying to do what I thought was right. So how come I'm the one being punished?

(Flashback)

It was just a typical weekend. (Y/N) was walking home from the store one evening when he noticed something strange. He could clearly see two adults, a man and a woman, both of whom smelled slightly of alcohol. At first glance, it seemed like nothing out of the ordinary, but a closer observation showed that it was not so harmless. (Y/N) walked closer, trying not to arouse suspicion. That's when he realized what was actually happening. The man was attempting to force the woman into his car, much to her protest.

Woman: (seeing (Y/N) nearby) Please, help me!

Not one to disregard a cry for help, (Y/N) didn't hesitate to step in. So, he walked from behind the man and spun him around by his shoulder.

You: Hey you!! Let that woman go!

(Y/N)'s intention was merely to spin the man around and confront him face to face. But, the man's semi-drunken state caused him to trip over his feet as he spun around. As he fell, the man banged his head against the side of his car.

Old Man: (clutching his injury, furious) You damn brat... I'll sue!

At first, (Y/N) thought the older man must have seriously hit his head. And who would blame him? (Y/N) had clearly witnessed the man attempting to force the woman into his car, yet the bastard thought he'd be able to sue him for accidentally making him hit his head. It was nonsense.

Well, that's what (Y/N) thought, at least...

Everything that happened after that moment was a blur. When the police arrived at the scene, they arrested (Y/N) instead of the older man. The poor boy could not comprehend why they did this. He looked to the woman he had saved for her help, but she turned away from him, guilt evident on her face.

After that, (Y/N) was taken back to the police station. He appeared in the courthouse the next day—he had a sliver of hope that he could convince the judge of his innocence. That hope was promptly squashed when he was convicted almost immediately, without even getting a chance to defend himself.