Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Encounter

Landon's POV

From a distance, looking straight ahead at the 7/11 on the other side of the street. While I walk through the street, I keep my hands in my pocket.

Upon entering, a man from the counter who was seemingly to be in his early twenties paying his food. My hands still in my pocket before making my way towards the cup noodles section. I reached for two Lucky Me Jjamppong noodles.

I paid for my purchase as I slightly open the lid of two cup noddles while walking over to the hot water dispenser. I pull on the red tab as the piping hot water enters the cup, cooking the noodles. I stop once the cup is close to full and carefully make my way back to my seat. I set my cup noodles down on the table with disposable fork acting as a weight and turned my gaze up to the corner of the 7/11 while waiting for my food to heat up.

I blew a deep breath and after few minutes, I remove the disposable fork from the lid and let the steam escape the cup. I shoot a glance around once again before digging in.

I lean back on the chair and gaze out the window when I heard a distant buzz from a car that it made me look at it. It was a delivery guy from J&T Express. He got off from his motorcycle while carrying a box.

I didn't waste much time and get a tissue and wipe my mouth. I stood up and made my way out from 7/11.

We came face-to-face with the driver of J&T Express through the glass door of 7/11 Store. I looked around and walks toward the motorcycle which is parked in the side. I got on the motorcycle, grabbing the helmet and wore it. I start the bike by switching the key to the on position, pressing the ignition button. I squeeze the clutch lever and press down on the gear shift lever to reach 1st gear. Slowly release the clutch lever until I feel the motorcycle pull. As it pulls, twisting the throttle slightly to increase the engine's RPMs.

Fully release the clutch as I begin to move and increase the throttle slowly to pick up speed. I drove fast. I was not afraid to faster and faster until I reached the maximum speed.

I could hear the panic shouts from behind. Man's voice sounded hysterical as he shouted for me over and over again. The deep tone of his voice much more commanding. People turned their heads to see who had shouted.

Shift to higher gears by pulling up on the gear shift with my foot. After few minutes, I stopped at the dark alley and parked the motorcycle. I stop using the front and rear brakes in tandem.

I took off the helmet and looked around to assess the situation. From a distance, I looked at the huge mansion in front of me.

I notice there were more bodyguards all around the house. I took out my binoculars and fixed my sight around the house at every corner. There were 10 in total bodyguards.

While looking straight at the house, my hands gripped the helmet. Taking few more intakes of breath as I puts the helmet on my head and locked it. Without thinking twice, I chosed to keep moving, I rode on the motorcycle towards the house as I approached the guards.

Pretending to make a delivery, I got out from the motorcycle, reaching a box from the toolbox of J&T Express. I tried to enter with the package box but bodyguards immediately stopped me.

I took a deep breath, staring at the people in the black suit uniform. I gave them with the package box at binasa naman niya yung information ng reciever.

I smirked and didn't waste much of my time. I kicked one of them in the stomach and gave the other one an uppercut. The man in floor pulls a gun, but I quick reflexes allow him to grab the gun and point it into the air before it goes off. I knocks the gun from the man's grip until we fight until I pins the man to the wall. The other one stood up and release a punch but I evaded the attack and kicked him into his gut.