Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Light's Off

Third Person's POV

“About that guy who saved me, please take a good care of that for me, Kuya.” Annaya muttered as her brother took only a glimpse of her.

“You know, that rascal happened to see my face. He also happened to discover my odd illness.” Annaya's brother crossed his arms while sitting on the sofa, a mug of coffee on the table. Annaya reluctantly sit on the sofa across him.

“You mean, the man who is just another vagrant, wandering about and taking whatever jobs he can?” Annaya nod her head. “Andrew will find him for you.”

“Thanks, Kuya. You're the best.”

Landon's POV

With a near full box, I flicked the bottom of the box then squeeze the front and back sides a split second later to trap one piece before they fly out.

I can't help but to let out a victorious smile. I placed the cigarette in my hand at a 45 degree angle, applying heat to the foot of the cigarette while rotating few times in order to warm the cigarette itself for easier lighting.

Without letting the flame actually touch the cigarette gently puff a few times without inhaling until I feel the smoke in my mouth. Nakakarelax ang ginagawa ko.

I look at the foot of the cigarette once again and lightly blow on it to ensure it's eventually lit.

I smoke without inhaling, draw in through my mouth like sucking in a straw, closed off the nassal passage, and puff every thirty to sixty seconds.

I sucked the air gently and fill my mouth with that tasty smoke. Let the smoke stay on my mouth and then blow it away gently.

The ash grow to about an inch before tapping off and let it fall to the ground.

I was about to sucked it again when I heard a raging car from a distance and stopped.

Nine armed man wearing a helmet in a uniform as an agent went out and started to look around as if they are looking something.

They walk promptly and stopped near the door. The guy knocked and a minute later, the door opened by my sister.

"Who are you?" Lia asked with her stuttering voice.

The guy didn't answer but just waved his hand carrying a gun. The man holding a gun pushed my sister which made their way inside the house. I heard Liazelle screamed as she struggled.

Other armed man attacked the two police officer who is currently on their police car. Nawalan sila ng ulirat.

I greeted my teeth before looking at them walking inside our house and the door suddenly closed. I can feel my eyes burning with anger.

Clenching my eyes shut for a while and forced myself to look in the direction of two armed man na ngayon ay naging look-out na ng grupo. The burning anger inside of me was totally awaken.

I tossed the cigarette in the ground with so much anger. The cap I was wearing hides my upper face. I started to walk and approach them.