Chapter 1 New

Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Home to some of the most competent wizards on this side of the world and the next generation of witches and wizards.

Chelsea Harnot was one of these students. She was from the house of Gryfindor who stood for the courageous the brave chivalreous and nerve, Chelsea was a confident and skilled witch. Maybe a little bit too confident and in the words of many of her peers an arrogant git, but that quickly changed last year when her mother finally admitted something to her.

Her father, no her other mother was a Roman Goddess. It took a lot to finally convince her, but after a trip from Europe to America to the house of wolves she was quickly convinced.

Meeting Lupa wasn't the most pleasent experience in the world. The Wolf goddess wasn't as patient as the teachers at Hogwarts and her sharp tongue nearly had her abandonned quite a few times.

After two weeks of rigorous and brutal training along with a almost another week of walking, Chelsea limped inside of New Rome covered in bruises. The young witch foolishly believed that it would be smooth sailing from there, but the Legion was a thousand times more disciplined than anything she ever experienced in the wizarding world, some twelve year old had more discipline than her uncle who's an Aurore. Coming from a powerful pure blooded family Chelsea realised just how sheltered she was the first time she had to face off against a monster before reaching the legion.

It wasn't like the creatures she was thought about by Hagrid. Those were creature's who's evil only equalled their intelligence.

The still visible crack in her Wand held together by a small ring of imperial gold was the most humbling part of her experience. Then she was taken into the fifth legion where her real training began.

She learned about this new world, expecting it to be inferior to the wizards, but there as well she was humbled.

As it turns out the demigods didn't believe in safety as much as Hogwarts did. Not that they didn't care, they were simply a lot more casual about it.

A fact made painfully clear in her first war game. Keeping up with the military march was already hard. Swinging a sword or throwing a Pilum was even more than she expected, and don't get her started on the water canons. After the simulated battle she was panicking at a few shallow cuts, while the boy laying next to her in the infirmary was calmly waiting with a piece of metal shrapnel in his leg.

He commented that she literally and metaphorically needed thicker skin.

She snapped at him stating that she just a harder week than his entire life. Oh how wrong she was to say that. His name was Richard Quentin, son of Mars and all he's ever known was battle and war.

Thankfully he wasn't a bitter person. She even eventually found a friend in him, even though he tended to have fun at her expanse.

Her summer surprisingly passed like a breeze. She got claimed earned a gift from her mother and before she knew it summer was over and her mortal mother was there to bring her home.

"What did these savages do to you." The blonde haired woman fussed, watching the tiny pale scars littering her arms and her now neck long salt and pepper hair. They barely got passed her ears when the barber of the Legion was done with her. She had missed it and was glad that the daughters of Venus showed her how to properly braid her hair for battle. It was surprisingly a lot more useful than one might expect.

Chelsea couldn't help but frown at her mother. "Mother their not savages, I can't be expected to learn how to fight without getting hurt a little."

"Nonsense." Her mother huffed "if you're father didn't insist I wouldn't have sent you here." Opal Harnot was hellbent on considering Chelsea's godly mother as a man. She wasn't sure why, as if a child born out of a same gender couple was the strangest thing that ever happened in the wizarding world.