chapter 8 Conscription

Chelsea couldn't sleep. Even after Umbridge stopped bothering them she simply couldn't rest. With the Aurors around the normally evil and vindicative witch couldn't do much to poison their lives anymore. Much to the DA's happiness, but Chelsea had more problems.

Would she be conscripted? It hadn't happened yet, but she doubted it would take long for the demigods to finally take the time to land a blow hard enough for these measures to come in.

Chelsea didn't want to fight her own kind. Yet she didn't want her other half to be wiped out. She looked at herself in the mirror of the girl's bathroom. Her blue eyes lost their spark in the past few days.

In hindsight she found it kind of ironic. She was the daughter of the personnification of liberty itself. Her mother wasn't just the Goddess of freedom, she was freedom itself and aparently the sentient statue of liberty. She still had a hard time wrapping her head around that one, but that wasn't the point.

Liberty was in her blood, yet she was trapped between the two sides of this conflict. A battle fought hard in her own mind as well.

A choice, or many will be given to her eventually, but that prospect only filled her with fear.

When the time inevitably comes, will she be able to know which decision is the right one and will she have the strenght to make said decision?

Chelsea always thought herself strong, but she didn't have the strenght to think about what might be the current biggest what if of her life.

What if she didn't know? That she was a demigoddess, that she had another home beyond the confines of this now cold and divided castle. Would she act the same as her fellow wizards.

With the Slytherin obeying every stupid order of Umbridge, it only resulted in everyone else hating them. While the rest mostly remained neutral.

Chelsea on the other hand had a much more complicated predicament.

Does she keep her secret?

Something else to plague her mind and strenghten her ever growing headache.

Like a certain legacy of Poseidon and Athena.

Charles or Charlie as he insisted she called him. Wasn't really making his stay as discreet as she originally thought he would.

He sometimes stole robes of random students just so he could stroll everywhere whenever he wanted. She wasn't sure how that just kept working like a charm. He also had no quarel just causing chaos wherever he went. Much to the enjoyement of the Weasley twins.

She splashed some water in her tired face and walked out of the bathroom for yet another class of defense against the dark arts.

At least now one of the Aurors insisted on teaching the class. Her name was Nymphadora Tonks, but she heavily insisted that her temporary students used her last name only.

At least she was about a thousand times more pleasent than Umbridge would ever be, but there was still one problem.

Another demigod was being shipped here today, and she didn't know what to do, but she knew for a fact that Charlie would free them.

She only hoped that he wouldn't cause too much damage.

POV CHANGE

Julieta Garcia looked up from her huddled knees throught the bars of her floating cage.

"Don't worry little one you'll have a much better life here." The wizard driving the carriage condescendingly told her. Julieta glanced at the side spotting a small patch of grass on the side of the road.