Chapter 2 Documentary gone wrong

As the next few Weeks went by, Chelsea's anxiety kept growing. Dumbledore was basically evicted from his post as headmaster of the school. Umbridge was taking over with all of her stupid decrees and basically treating everyone with the condescending attitude reserved for naughty five year olds.

The new obligatory class certainly didn't help. Humanoid hybrid studies is what it was called. Not even a month after discovering them and the wizards already thought they knew everything about them and of course Umbridge graciously offered to teach this class as well as DADA.

It didn't escape Chelsea that if anyone ever found out she was one she'd be figuratively dissected. Or at least she hoped, nothing at the moment helped her anxiety and when she got anxious her powers acted up. She even went as far as to hide her probatio tag in the chest in front of her bed.

She understood how Goblins and other creatures felt at being so misrepresented by the wizarding world. Her first class from Hybride studies proved as much.

Umbridge stood in front of a green board chalk in hand. "Today we will study how these 'demigods" she pronounced the last words with a hint of mockery in her voice.

She drew two human silhouette next to each other. Each bearing a circle around the heart. "From what we have gathered from the live subject provided by the Congress of magic."

Her words made Chelsea's blood both boil and freeze at the same time. Not only did they capture a Half-blood which risked the wrath of who knows what deity and this toad woman talked about them as if they were an animal.

Her fist clenched as she kept talking. "The magical core of a wizard is what gives them their powers, but to channel it to it's full potential a wand is needed. For these hybrids we believe that they too possess one, but they have no need for a wand. Instead the magic fuels their body, making them physically stronger and their senses sharper for one, but at the cost of their intelligence, as shown when a researcher attempted to make the subject read a simple phrase, but the poor thing kept stumbling over it's words and quickly became restless and uninterested, showing a much shorter attention span than us wizards." Chelsea fumed at the smug smile she sent the students way. Most slytherin in the room responded in kind.

She knew full well why that poor Half-blood got bored. Either it was because of the dyslexia or the ADHD. That or they didn't want to please their captors.

"This overflow of energy also causes them to be quite violent and ill tempered, and for those who can somewhat control elements they have a criminal lack of control unlike us. The precision and discipline of these abilities makes them potentially dangerous, but they are quite easy to restrain with a well placed spell. Any question?" The 'professor' asked smiling.

Chelsea raised her hand "yes miss Harnot?" She lowered her hand and asked the question burning everyone's tongue.

"Where did you find this live subject?" Her smile widdened "that you'll actually get to know in due time. For researchers from America are nearly done making their documentary on the subject."

Chelsea lowered her hand frustrated. She wanted to help that demigod, but she couldn't use any form of communication at Hogwarts. She already tried everything, even Iris messages and she didn't want to risk sending an owl. It was way too easy to intercept and she doubted Umbridge would keep messages private.

All she could do for now was endure students in Hogwarts talk about her like she was some animal, without even knowing it.

Then there was Hermione Granger. Chelsea never had any problem with the impetuous girl, but now she had a pretty good reason.

Conservation of hybrid society, or CYS for short. She had the right idea, but she still came off like she was coming to the defense of a nearly extinct species.