Chapter 8

Harper knew she was awake. She just didn't want to open her eyes. She was petrified she would be in her own time again.

"I can tell you're awake you know."

Her eyes shot open as she saw Ace smiling down at her. In a heartbeat she flung herself upwards and wrapped her arms tight around his neck.

He laughed slightly as he stumbled back on the bed, surprised at her extreme reaction.

"Easy love, looks like I ain't going anywhere just yet."

She shook her head as she buried it into his neck, nuzzling her nose against his shoulder. A small smile came over his face as he wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close.

"And you ain't going anywhere yet either." He mumbled.

She shook her head again as he gently rubbed her back.

"Hey!" He said quickly pulling away from her. "We got a movie to finish. Where to next?"

Yet before she could reply they both heard the from door open from downstairs.

"Yo Ace! Irbys?" Billy's voice came from downstairs.

Harper smiled at Ace as he shrugged slightly.

"Irbys it is then?" He asked as he saw her smile and nod.

Jumping off the bed he rummaging through his chest of drawers.

"Does it matter what I wear?" He asked her as he held up two shirts.

One was a navy blue and the other was covered in flowers. Harper grinned as she pointed at the flowered one.

Ace nodded in response as Harper leapt off the bed and happily skipped down the stairs, ignoring Ace's offer to let her stay.

She almost crashed into Billy as he stumbled back, in surprise she was still here.

"Movie not over yet then?" He asked her quietly, trying to avoid eye contact.

She smirked at him and shook her head.

"Nope, only gets more exciting from here." The smirk stayed on her face as she looked him up and down, his whole body suggesting he was hiding something, which Harper knew, he was.

"You alright there Billy Boo?" She asked with a small laugh.

He nodded quickly. "Yeah course. Why wouldn't I be?!" He snapped at her.

Harper laughed and sauntered forward. "You know I've seen this movie right? I know exactly what happens." She said cockily.

He slowly looked up at her. "You don't know this."

Harper scoffed. "Wanna bet?"

Billy looked nervous as Harper laughed.

"Don't worry, Ace keeps your secret." She said as she turned, seeing Ace come down the stairs.

He gave her a soft smile as he took her hand in his and Billy followed them out.

"For five minutes." Harper mumbled to herself, a smile still on her face.

It didn't take long for them to reach Irbys in Ace's car as both boys were finally playing a game of pool with a drink.

Harper was sat on a bar stool as she leant forward watching the scene unfold. It had always been her favourite. Watching how Ace and Eyeball only kept their secrets for about five minutes, clearly not caring much about their mother's good names.

Billy looked over at her as she gave him an encouraging nod. He gulped slightly as he turned and saw Ace bend over to take a shot.

"Ace I gotta tell you something but you gotta swear on your mother's good name that you won't tell anybody."

Ace took his shot and stood up, nodding slowly.

"You got it pal." He replied as Harper leant forward eagerly.

She listened as Billy told him the story as to how him and Charlie had boosted a car and came across the missing kids body along the back Harlow road.

A smile on her face as Ace chucked his cue down and walked over to her.

"This is the what you meant by busy day isn't it?" He asked as he leant forward to her.

A smirk appeared on her face. "You know what you gotta do Ace." She mumbled as he grinned at her.

He quickly took her hand in his and pulled her off the chair, ordering for Billy to follow them.

Harper knew it would end badly but she couldn't help feel excited. Whether she would wake up or die at any moment flew out of her mind, she was living her favourite story, by the side of her favourite person.

It didn't take long for them to meet up with Eyeball and Charlie. Eyeball had of course been told by Charlie and word soon spread to the rest as Harper sat in the passenger seat of Ace's car.

He quickly placed a fishing rod in the backseat and gave her a cheeky smile. She grinned happily back at him as he knew that whatever he was doing was right. This was the way her movie went.

"Listen Ace, maybe me and Charlie shouldn't go."

He turned hearing Billy speak up.

"Yeah maybe you can go without us." Charlie added in.

Harper laughed to herself as her mind flashed through a Teddy line to Vern. 'Did your parents ever have any children that lived?' Clearly not when it came to the Tessio's.

Harper happily listened as Ace compared them to his grandmother. He easily explained the plan of what they'd say if a cop stopped them.

"I still don't think we should go." Billy mumbled.

Harper pulled herself up so she was kneeling on the seat as she eagerly awaited the Ace line.

"Okay okay." He started, nodding slowly. "You've stated your position clearly. Now I'm gonna state mine. Get in the fucking car."

"NOW!" Harper couldn't help herself.

Her shout came at the same time Ace shouted his.

Eyeball laughed and shook his head as Ace turned to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Really?" He asked cockily.

She grinned and nodded. "Best line in the movie."

He laughed and shook his head at her as the other cobras slowly got in Vince's car and Billy and Charlie got in the back of Aces.