Chapter 41

~~~~~
~2022~
~~~~~

Harper's mouth hung open as she wandered through the busy halls of the comic con, her dad and Betsy by her side. Harper got a few strange looks as she was noticed for being the replica of Harper from Stand By Me.

Yet that didn't stop her from going straight to the queue already forming for Kiefer Sutherland.

Her dad and Betsy stood by her side as Harper held her dads phone, the ticket for him on display. It was scanned by a member of staff who complimented her for looking like Harper and let them join the queue.

They past the table that had various pictures of Kiefer for her to select one. Naturally most of them were of David, as this was The Lost Boys reunion. Yet there was a few of Jack Bauer, President Thomas Kirkman, almost every popular character Kiefer had played.

"Which one would you like?" The man stood behind the desk asked as Harper glanced at them all.

"That one." She said, the smile growing on her face as she pointed down towards the only picture of Ace Merrill.

He reached out and grabbed it, handing it to her as he looked up and saw her face.

"Bloody hell you don't half look like Harper!" He said with a laugh.

Harper smiled and nodded. "So I've been told."

"Man that's scary!" He said excitedly as he let her continue queuing.

Harper grinned down at the photo of Ace as she felt her dad place his arm around her.

"You got this." He said nodding.

Harper nodded in return as she felt Betsy's arm link with her other one.

"We got this." She said with a smile.

Harper turned to her and smiled weakly, still getting used to the idea of them being somewhat friends.

"You're still a cock knocker you know?" She said with a laugh as the queue slowly began to get smaller.

Due to him being such a big name Kiefer's autographs were done one-on-one in a separate small booth. Harper's nerves grew as the queue got smaller and smaller.

And smaller.

And smaller.

And smaller.

Until.

"Next."

Harper snapped her head back to attention as her, her dad and Betsy were let in.

Deep breath.

Harper walked in and froze as she saw the man who had been her lifelong hero sat at a table, a comic con crew member at his side with two bodyguards behind him.

His face froze as he locked eyes with Harpers.

Harper's dad gently nudged her forward, he knew they wouldn't have much time and he knew they needed this.

Harper stumbled forward as her eyes remained locked with Kiefer's.

"Hi..." she managed to blurt out.

"Harper..." came the soft whisper from Kiefer.

Then he seemed to snap himself back as he grinned at them all.

"Hey I'm Kiefer!" He said happily as he shook her dads hand and offered it out to Harper.

She slowly reached out and shook it. As her hand touched his the light above them flickered.

"Sorry we'll get that changed." The crew man beside him said as he attempted to stand but Kiefer shook his head.

"Don't worry about it." He mumbled as he looked back at Harper, gently letting her hand go.

"I need this signed." Harper almost snapped as she handed him the photo of Ace.

He took it and looked from the photo back up to her.

"Course. What's your name?" He asked quietly but deep down he already felt he knew.

"You don't need to write my name. I just need three words." She mumbled.

"Anything." Kiefer whispered as he couldn't pull his eyes away from a girl he swore he knew.

"I need you to write..." Harper started but couldn't finish the sentence.

Tears began to form in her eyes as she stared down at him. This was still her Ace.

"Kiefer was here." Betsy quickly piped up leaning forward, sensing Harper couldn't.

Kiefer looked from Harper to Betsy before back at Harper.

"Just that?" He asked quietly as Harper nodded.

"The way you did-" she finally managed to start but was stopped by him.

"Back at Irbys?" He finished.

Harper nodded slowly as he nodded at her.

"Course." He mumbled as he accepted the pen he was offered from the crew member.

Just as the pen touched the paper the light above them flickered again. The crew member looked up and was about to sort it but was stopped once more by Kiefer.

"Leave it." He snapped slightly as Harper only heard Ace's voice.

The light continued to flicker as Harper watched as Kiefer wrote out the three words she so desperately needed. He finished and placed the pen down as he looked back at Harper and offered her the picture.

"Thank you." Harper whispered as she slowly accepted it.

Kiefer smiled up at her. "It was my pleasure Harper." He whispered.

She beamed down at him as a small tear fell down her cheek. He stood up and opened his arms out over the table. Harper grinned as she stepped closer and leant over the table to hug him. Her head pressed against his shoulder as she felt his arms around her.

"See you soon Harper." She heard the soft whisper of his voice in her ear as they pulled apart.

Harper felt her dad's hand take hers as she kept her gaze on him. He led his daughter slowly away as she continued to smile at Kiefer, he remained smiling at her till they were out of sight.

"Home?" Betsy asked quietly as the three moved aside from others.

Harper nodded at her before looking down at the photo and smiling.

"Home."