chapter 3

they ended up just taking rue to jules house. they have been getting really close and spending a lot of time together so it wouldn't be suspicious if she spent the night. quinn could tell something was up with jules. jules told her she had been through something like this before and she didn't plan on going through it again. she didn't give details. but quinn didn't pry. it was something to be left alone. maybe a convo for the future.

on the way to school that day the car was quiet. lexi had been driving, quinn was in the front seat, and cas in the back. they're phones were blowing up with texts from a group chat. a video was going around of kat. well what people thought was kat.

 well what people thought was kat

cas and quinn just looked up at each other

cas and quinn just looked up at each other. they both knew it was kat but they weren't gonna say anything. everyone would just forget about it in a week anyways and move onto the next thing.

"so quinn what was that thing with fez?" lexi kept her eyes steadied on the road. quinn gave her the wide eyes telling her to shut up. "what do you mean? how do you know him anyways?" quinn tried to cover it up. cassie would go ballistic if she knew they were still friends, let alone anything more than that. "there better not be anything going on quinn. because you know your act-" cassie began the same so each for the hundredth time."tions directly affect you. yes i get it. shut the fuck up already would you." quinn rolled her eyes.

"so lexi answer my question." quinn pried. "oh it was just rues friend that hung out with me and her over the summer a year ago. he kind of scared me though" quinn just nodded and the car went quiet until they arrived at school.
~~
quinn sat down at the lunch table, pulling her skirt down so nothing shows

~~quinn sat down at the lunch table, pulling her skirt down so nothing shows

"so your basically in a long distance relationship." maddy bluntly says. "no, we facetime every night." cassie was talking about her new boyfriend mckay. quinn actually liked him. he seemed like he would treat cassie very well. but of course he was in college. long distance.

"aw you guys are like full in love" bb makes fun of cassie. "omg STOP" cassie very annoying says. cassie stays up late talking to mckay almost every night. as sweet as it was, quinn fucking hated it. it was disgusting at times what they would say. and she was so fucking loud omg.

cassie begins to go on this whole rant about how she's spending the weekend with mckay. quinn was just glad she was gonna finally be able to sleep for once.

"anyways, nate has been acting very weird." maddy sighs. "weird how?" quin questioned. "his phone has been going crazy and he seems like he's hiding someth-" maddys explanation was interrupted by kat laughing. "are you even fucking listening kat like seriously" maddy got a little angry. kat look up from her phone "yeah sorry my little brother just sent a funny tiktok"

"it's fine i don't want to talk about it anyways." maddy dropped her head into her arms that were resting in the table. "do any of you know how bitcoin works?" kat asked. "no, but do you know who probably does. fez." quinn's heart dropped just by the sound of his name. she was still mad. "cool. can someone take me there after school?" kat begged.

"we have cheer." cassie said. kat turned to bb "don't look at me. i lost my license." "quinn?" kat asked. "i guess i don't have a choice" quinn fake smiles.

a look of fear came over cassie's face. she leaned into quinn "you better stay in the car. i don't want people to see you talking to them." she whispered into her ear. quinn just rolled her eyes.

~~

it was the end of the day and quinn walked out to her car. kat was already standing there waiting for her. quinn hoped she would have forgotten or drove away before kat was there and say she forgot. but now she was stuck. she pulled up to the store. "you coming?" kat unbuckled her seatbelt. "i'm just gonna stay in here." quinn smiled while kat got out.

to be honest, quinn didn't want to see him anyway. she did what cassie said but it wasn't bc cassie said it. she just didn't want to. she wasn't gonna listen to cassie. but then she thinks about her future and rethinks that decision. cassie knows what's she doing. maybe i should listen to her quinn thought.

"wait is that quinn in the car?" fez asked kat. "yeah why?" fez didn't answer and just walked towards the car.

quinn didn't know what to do when she saw him coming. she didn't have time to fix her hair or makeup. he was looking directly at her so it's not like she could rlly do anything except wait. quinn realized she forgot to lock the door when he jumped in the passenger seat.

"hi" he says. "hi" she returned. silence fell for a few seconds. "so why you mad at me?" he awkwardly asked. "i'm not mad i just don't have time for ppl like you. i barely know you anyway." quinn blurted. "for ppl like me?" he acted clueless which made quinn mad. "omg you left me on read after asking me for my number." "oh" silence fell again.

"i'm sorry for that but it's only cause rue came in just when i got that message. then my dealers came through and that whole thing happened" fez explained flustered by her tone. quin felt the her red cheeks. "fuck omg. that's so embarrassing. i'm so sorry. i just thought that. ugh never mind. i should have realized and uh you know what im just sorry." fez laughed at the girls rambling.

kat was coming back out and it was time for fez to go. "so when can i see you next?" he asked very slyly. "carnival?" she responded. "i will be there, see you later ma." quinn didn't yell at him for the nickname this time. she liked it.