chapter 4

here quinn was. putting on makeup to mask every insecurity. cover up her lies. her intrusive thoughts. everything she wanted to be but couldn't.

*but with blonde hair

cassie went to the fair with mckay while lexi went with rue and her sister gia. quinn was gonna catch a ride with maddy.

she was excited to hang out with fez. but she was scared cassie would find out. if cassie found out she was hanging out with fez, she would be livid.

~~

"nate said he's by the ferris wheel let's go" maddy and quinn got out of their parked car. they walked under the big entrance sign. maddy grew annoyed when she couldn't find nate.

"where are you? i'm standing by the fucking ferris wheel." maddy yelled at nate over the phone. quinn was already uncomfortable. she didn't need nate being there too. he made her feel this type of way. scared. anxious. terrified. all of the above. "i see lexi and rue. im gonna go hang with them." quinn whispered in the ear that phone wasnt.

"want to go in the gavitron?" lexi asked rue. quinn was already throwing up at the sound of that spinning death trap. "the ferris wheel?" lexi added. "nope" rue shut the idea down. "why?" "because i don't wanna die?" rue was clearly being over dramatic. nothing new though.

"i'll go with you lex" quinn walked up. "yayayayyaya" lexi cheered. rue sprinted away and ran into jules arms. the girls just stood there and watched. gia broke the awkward silence, "um, i thinks she in love with her." "really?" lexi rlly had no clue. "yeh of course she is, it's obvious." quinn laughed.

the silence fell again. "so the ferris wheel?" quin gestured to the ride. the girls nodded and followed quinn to the ride, leaving rue and jules alone to have their moment.

quinn immediately noticed a certain someone. fez. he caught her gaze with his own. he waved her over. "hey lexi i-" quinn began before lexi stopped her, "go, go. i have gia."

"hi" he says. "good business?" she noticed the tickets that were just for show in his hands. "always is. want to go play one of the games?" he answered. "i wouldn't want to mess with your income." she twirled a strand of her hair with her hand. "i can take a break, i got ash."

the two went to one of those squirting water gun games. the bell rang and the two started their guns. fez was amazing at the game. he aimed with ease. quinn on the other hand couldn't shoot for the life of her. "ugh i'm so behind. i suck at this." she sighed in frustration. the game ended and a kid on the other end won. "that sucks i really wanted to win that bear." she pointed to the stuffed bear hanging in the wall.

"i'll win you one ma." he tried to assure her. "no way i will only take that bear if i earn it. no cheating." she laughed. one thing he admired about her was her independence. "well then let me help you win one." he gave the guy more money for the next round. when's the bell rang he wrapped is arms around her body. he slowly guided her hands to the target.

chills went down her back. she felt the warmth and comfort from his body on hers. she won the game and he released. she felt her anxiousness return to her body. it had disappeared for a second in time when fez was around her.

quinn insisted that they go on the ferris wheel. fez looked sad when quinn looked over. "what's wrong?" she tried to comfort him. "nothing. i don't want to bore you." he shrugged his shoulders. "no, do tell." quinn pride. "the other day rue came to my house. banging on my door for drugs." he sighed. "but i thought she quit?" she turned her body to face his.

the cart went around and around on the ride. "i thought she did to. but i wouldn't give her nothin. not after what happened the other day. i can't help her kill herself. she said some pretty fucked up shiiittt though" quinn could tell this subject was something he wasn't comfortable with talking about to anyone. "its okay we don't have to talk about it." the ride had stopped and started to bring down cart after cart to load and reload new people onto it. they were seconds away from their turn.

quinn tried to show him that he could open up, "my dad. he was a drug addict. he got into a car accident and ended up becoming addicted. he stopped showing up on weekends. until one day. i heard my sister getting up through the night. i followed her. i saw my dad. taking things to sell for drugs. i couldn't do anything accept watch. i never saw him again. my sisters still has no idea i saw that that night. we never told anyone. not even my sister. sometimes i just really fucking miss him even though he is a shitty dad." a tear dropped from her eye. "i am sorry i never told anyone that before." she became embarrassed. "no ma it's fine." he wiped her tear away and comforted her.

quinn noticed fez lean in. their faces grew closer and closer until they felt the warm breath of each other on their faces. theirs lips centimeters apart.

"oh my fucking god. what the fuck is she doing!?" the moment was ruined by quinn's outburst. the two pulled away and look at the carousel. there cassie was. practically masturbating on the plastic horse. she was obviously fucked up on something.

the two quickly exchange awkward goodbyes. quinn ran over to collect cassie from the embarrassing moment. they had found lexi and maddy and went home.

quinn would lay awake that night. thinking about what almost happened. what cassie would say. what the world would think. what she wanted and what she couldn't have.