Chapter 2: Present And Past

Godric's Hallow,
(Dec. 11th, 1988)....

"please, mum" Diana whined while giving her mother her best puppy dog eyes.

Lily signed, they had had this conversation far too many times."Diana, no. You and Alessia are much too young to start learning magic. "

It had been seven years since that fateful night in which the dark Lord has vanished. Seven years since her youngest daughter, Alessia, had been proclaimed the wizarding world's saviour. Seven years since she and James had found out one of their closest friends had set up her parents and children to die.

A lot had changed in the wizarding world, and not all for the better. Once the dark lord has been defeated, Lily had wanted to drop the fedelius charm on Godric's Hallow and live their lives as normally as they could. Unfortunately, that was not destined to happen. Albus has warned against dropping the charm. At first it was just for a while,untill dark lord's followers are captured,and after what happened to Frank and Alice longbottem, lily was thankful she and James had listended to Albus. However, when several known death eaters avoided go out azkaban claiming they were under the imperious curse, Lily and James had been forced to keep the charm up for longer than the intended.

When Diana And Alessia were five, they considered dropping the charm. That decision has been nixed after one family outing to diagon alley. They had been mobbed by well wishers and people wanted to take pictures of Alessia. Needless to say, both girls were terrified of the massive screaming crowd,and it only Albus's timely arrival with several former order members that saved them from being completely runover.

After the diagon alley incident, Albus has suggested that Lily and James raise Diana and Alessia under the fedelius charm, to prevent Alessia from becoming arrogant about defeating voldemort. Albus only needed to ask James what he would have been like if he defeated the most powerful wizard alive when he's only one years old to gain the couple's support. Lily would not allow Alessia to become a arrogant berk like her husband has once been, and James has long ago accepted that he never would have gotten Lily acting like he had during his first six years at hogwarts.

Lily and James were proud to say that they had raised Diana and Alessia without showing any favouritesm. When they told two girls about how Alessia had stopped voldemort, they made sure to mention the it was not any superior wizarding power Alessia had, but one and a billion chance piece of magic. This ensured that Alessia didn't get a big head, and that Diana didn't feel inferior to her twin.

"but mum, you said you learned magic before you went to Hogwarts. " Venus argued.

"that was completely deferent, Diana," Lily replied. "I was almost ten at the time."

"but Alessia and I are eight. That's so close to ten."

The mention of Alessia made lily look around the living room curiously. "where is your sister?I'm surprised she isn't arguing along with you."

Growing up with no other companionship,her two girls were practically inseparable. Oh, they had their arguments, and they usually ended when one or other said something hurtful, causing the others magic lashout accident. Nothing too hurtful of course
-Alessia removed all of Diana's hair once, and Diana had turned Alessia's skin green on a few occasions. The two girls simply loved each other too much to even their magic to do something harmful than embarrass one-another.

"she's outside with dad and uncle Sirius" Diana said with a innocent smile.

Lily immediately felt herself stiffened. James had certainly grown up since Hogwarts,but whenever he and Sirius or Remus got together with the girls it as if they all reverted back to their 17n years old self. "and what are they doing?." lily asked.