Chapter 17 - Won't Give Up

HONEY'S POV

Two days later, Honey woke up in a panic.

Honey: "Find Kiji-!"

Kiji: "It's alright, dear. You're alright now."

Honey: "Kiji?"

He looked around to find himself in the infirmary.

Honey: "How did...?"

Kiji: "I'm so glad you're finally awake."

Honey: "What happened...? Where is she?!"

Kiji: "*sigh*... They took her. She's gone."

Honey: "No... no no NO! How long was I out?!"

Kiji: "Two days. Why-?"

Honey got out of bed, feeling a little wobbly but he didn't care.

Kiji: "Hold it, young man, what are you doing?"

Honey: "I'm going to get her back, obviously! Who knows what they're doing to her!"

Kiji: "Don't be absurd."

Honey: "Help me, Kiji! We need you!"

Kiji: "And what do you expect we do?"

Honey: "Go there, get her, bring her back! Why is that so hard to understand?!"

Kiji: "It's not that it's hard to understand, it's that you are not currently in your right mind, and you can't see that what your proposing is an utterly insane idea."

Honey: "I DON'T CARE HOW INSANE IT SOUNDS-!"

Kiji: "Mind your tone, 82! Now... I truly am sorry that this has happened, but it's over."

He put his hand on his shoulder.

Kiji: "We tried, and we failed. There's nothing we can do for her now."

Honey shrugged him off.

Honey: "You'd give up that easily? I thought you care about your inmates."

Kiji: "I do, dear, I do. You're all precious to me, but-"

Honey: "Then you should care about Ali too! And if you cared about her, then you'll help me bring her home."

Kiji: "*sigh*... What you're proposing, number 82, is pure madness. This could get us all in deep trouble."

Honey: "Maybe... but I WON'T give up. I've already failed her... I can't let it end like this."

Kiji: "..."

Honey: "I'll say this again... We need you, Kiji... please help me bring Ali home!"

He thought for a solid minute before grabbing his arm and walking out of the infirmary.

Honey: "Uh- hey!"

Kiji: "Listen to me very carefully. You will stay close to me, you will do as I say. We will be quick and quiet. You disobey me in any way, and we will come straight home. Do you understand me?"

Honey smiled.

Honey: "Yes, sir."

Kiji: "Quickly now. I want to be there and back before daybreak."