Are You Falling In Love?

Tuesday, October 8

Nathan

Nathan has been to shrinks since he can remember his name. He knew he was insane, clinically insane and had delusions all the time but this level of insane? To see a whole person go back to stand on a roof they just jumped from?

No.

He refuses to believe it. It wasn't just him. Caulfield has to know something by the way she looked at him right before everything happened. But what actually happened? Kate was safe and getting help down below so why does he remember blood coating his jacket and hands?

"Nathan?" Speaking of her...

"We need to talk." His deathly stare startles her a bit. "Now."

"Is this about what I told Kate? Because Nathan, I have all the reasons to get to the bottom of what happened and if you're in the middle of that-"

"Not that." He already knew how he fucked up with Kate but he wasn't thinking about that. Not that much anyway. "It's about-I know what you did. You did something, didn't you? I saw Kate...she jumped. She jumped, Max."

If he wasn't looking at Caulfield so closely, he wouldn't have noticed the small shudder going through her body. "What-what are you talking about?"

"You know what I am talking about. Don't even!-Y-You have blood under your nose. Why?"

"N-No, I don't." She shakes her head, denying it even if he can clearly see the messy drops on her pale skin.

His reaction is quick and he doesn't blame himself for scaring her this time. "Don't! Don't tell me I'm insane. Don't tell me I was just seeing things. I need to know. I need to know if I am not just-"

Just batshit crazy.

"Nathan, calm down."

"Don't tell me what to do when you're hiding something!"

"Ok, ok!" She raises her hands in surrender. "I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything but you need to calm down. Ok?"

Despite his body buzzing for a fight, he nods, looking down to avoid her knowing gaze.

"So...it's going to sound insane-" His head rears up faster than he can admit and once again, she lets out a wince. "Sorry, sorry! Wrong pun. I wasn't trying to be insensitive. I was just-"

"Just get on with it, Caulfield." He grits out.

"Right. What I'm trying to say is you're right. She jumped and I saved her by going back in time or tried to, it stopped working for a while for some odd reason-" She must have expected a reaction from him cause she pauses, staring at him with a weird look. The only reaction he can give her is a dry one.

"Back in time as in..."

"As in literally going back in time. I had a vision in class that the town is going to be destroyed by a tornado. I was already creeped out by that and now imagine saving a life by suddenly getting the power to rewind."

Nathan flinches, tapping his thigh to keep control of his voice. "A tornado? You're joking, right?"

"I am not! Look at the weather, it's pretty fucking weird since yesterday." She sighs like it took her a lot to admit that. "If I'm right, it's about to hit by the end of this week."

"Fucking marvelous and the life you saved is Kate's?" It makes sense. Caulfield is the type of person to go around being nosey and saving people like an everyday hero. But she shakes her head, coughing to hide her face.