June 18th

Here's for everyone that's been patiently waiting :)

Dear Ella,

I don't know who the monster is anymore. I am not so sure that the Capitol is the monster, maybe they are the instigator. 

I have truly started believing that there is a monster inside of us all. Even me. There have been times I have wanted to scream at my mother to come back, or slap her across the face to awaken her. After what I saw today, I am sure that there really is a monster in everyone, some people just control it better than others.

Today as Katniss and Peeta hunted for Cato, they were attacked by mutts. The muts were huge, seven or eight feet tall and they looked like werewolves. They ran for shelter on the cornucopia. On the way, Peeta was attacked, making him loose a lot of blood. Cato was waiting for Katniss and Peeta on the cornucopia, with new armor he had received. I don't feel all that inclined to share with you the bloody gore of the whole showdown, seeing it once was more than enough for me. All I can say is that Cato is on the ground being shredded to pulp this very moment in time. Katniss and Peeta can do nothing but listen to him scream and moan. 

One thing though that I have also decided is that along with every monster that lies inside of us, a hero does as well. The reason I think some people are kinder than others is that they have chosen to listen to the hero inside of them instead of the monster. The only problem is that the monster if very good at holding on, and cannot be shaken. So we must stand on constant guard.

But my poor tattered heart is tired of fighting, and even though I know others must die for Katniss to win, everything in me wishes that their blood is shed instead of Katniss's.