𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓸

Maybe

Maybe. Just maybe she was in over her head. In the beginning the searing of the liquor seemed like it did nothing. She had quickly gotten used to the dreadful taste and how fast she had been slamming back glasses made it seem as if the effect was little to none.

Until it hit her all at once.

John was in absolute stitches at the woman to the point his eyes seared. Leaning on the bar as if it was her lifeline, Isabella produced a groan and nearly toppled out of her chair. "And then...and then!" Gasping for breath as if she had just ran a race, she did her best to sit up. Pointing towards herself, she blinked a few times. "He threatens me! Me! Do you see me? John! Do-do you..do you see me?" Wide blue eyes stared at the male as he did his best to nod and speak through his laughter. "Right. I see ya bella, I see ya." Placing a comforting hand on her shoulder and patting it.

"Me!" Nearly exploding from the force of her words she gripped onto John for balance. "What the absolute fuck can I do against that man? One hit and I'm done for!" The door to the snug opened to reveal the man of her nightmares, followed by a slightly disheveled Grace.

Conjuring up the nastiest glare she could manage, Isabella stared down Thomas Shelby. If looks could kill, maybe this one would land a good punch against his sharp cheekbones. "Him!" Patting John she pointed towards the older Shelby, whose eyes flickered to his younger brother for only a second.

"Looks like ya scorned the new girl already Tom. New fuckin' record." Isabella squinted at her new friend. "You know him? No no don't get involved with the likes of him." Waving her hand in front of John she nearly slipped off her chair as she tried to make a block with her body between the two. "Don't worry John..I'll- protect you." A hiccup almost caused her to upchuck everything she had consumed for the day.

John was having an absolute field day. Grace and Harry having to hide their own amusement so it would stack on the irritation that was already rolling off of the older Shelby. When Thomas took a step towards the duo, Isabella instantly cringed and shut her eyes tight which had John absolutely roaring. "What kinda fuckin' protection is this!? Ya eyes are closed!"

Peeking them open, she hurriedly turned which made her head spin. "W-whoa.." Groaning, she clung to the bar and let her head rest against the cool surface. "Think I'm gonna be sick." She felt a rough hand come up and pat her back in a mock show of helping the nausea that was rolling over her in waves.

"He upsets me so much." Her words were muffled and John was barely able to make it out so he just nodded his head. Suddenly sitting up, the male's eyes widened at her new state. The tip of her nose and eyes had turned an angry red and tears were spilling over her water line. "I just got here and he's being so mean to me and I didn't even do anything. I even tried to greet him." Sniffling, she used the sleeve of her coat to wipe at her face.

"Get us some water." John looked expectantly at Harry who did as he was told and handed it over. "Alright now drink up, crybaby." Isabella accepted the glass from John and took a few small sips gratefully. John glanced over at Tommy who shrugged on his coat and left the pub without another word. Shaking his head some, he inwardly groaned while getting up. "C'mon love gotta get ya home, I'd feel bad if the new girl is toppled over in the street because o' me."