𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

It seemed as if everything crashed down on her at once

It seemed as if everything crashed down on her at once. The stress of the situation with the inspector and his blatant threats of her mother and the way she had been treated as if she was a threat by the people in this town but mostly by the man in front of her. Everything has become too much for the woman to bear. Her line of sight went blurry from tears and she shoved at the male's chest which surprised him enough to the point he let go.

"You know what Thomas Shelby. I have been in this town all but two days and you have made it absolutely dreadful!"

Her yelling lost impact from the thickening in her throat. The moonlight shining on her face highlighted the red hue that appeared under her soft skin from emotion. "I have done nothing to you or your family yet you treat me like this." Stabbing her finger into his chest, she gazed up at him with searing anger. "Stay away from me and I promise to do the same."

For once the man was at a loss for words as he watched the woman in front of him. Anger wasn't something Isabella often held onto but this man was a reason for the change. Spite throttled through her veins as she regarded him, not backing down from his glare.

"Buy a dress."

The odd command was enough to knock the ginger woman off her game. Blinking as the fire in the pit of her stomach died down, she stared at him. "Is this your fucked up way of trying to court someone?" The scoff that followed her question was enough to make even the best inwardly cringe at their own assumption. Amusement danced in those icy blue eyes as he glanced away from her and out towards the opening of the alley. "Seems like you 'ave a knack for drawin' men in. The races. You're comin' with me."

From his reaction Isabella knew that there was no way this was an outing as a man and woman interested in one another. "Why would I agree to that?" The incredulous expression on her face spoke out her dislike of the thought of being with him. "You do this for me."

Thomas stepped forward, closing the gap she had managed to make earlier with her weak shove. "And I let you live." Grabbing hold of her chin, Thomas tilted her head up so she was forced to meet his eyes. "That's all." Eyebrows raising as he silently blocked any type of rejection she could come up with.

"Fine."

Swallowing thickly, long eyelashes batted as she looked down to avoid him. A smile touched Thomas' lips as he released the woman from his grip. "Two days. I'll pick ya up." Stepping back, the man started on his way away from her. His strides were strong and sure, but before he could turn the corner he turned to give one glance back at her.

"Green looks nice on you."

With that he left Isabella alone, shielding by the buildings. If she wasn't aware of how dirty the ground was, she would have crashed into it to try and recover the strength in her legs. Puffing out a few breaths, a hand came up to rest over her heart. "What the hell have I gotten myself into.." From the gremlin of a man that visited her home and the man who should have horns growing out the top of his head, she was absolutely fucked.