𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓮𝓷

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ 𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓮 ✧˚┊ ┊ ┊

Everything seemed to slowly be falling into place for the woman. She was back in Thomas' sight in the manner of attention and it would be easier to worm her way in from here. Isabella had been scarce for the past couple days, she had seen the woman leaving from where Grace guessed she was employed only to go straight home and not leave until the next morning. Thomas had spent ample time at her place, they had laid together and even spoke of reveries while sharing body heat.

While thinking of her accomplishments Grace smiled to herself as she continued around the gallery. Gray skirt flowing at her ankles she walked to stand in front of a statue, frowning as she couldn't see the artistic thought process behind it. "You've gotten closer to Thomas." The man's words were a statement that left no room for argument. Grace released a sigh as she continued to scour over the obscure art piece. "Just doing my job, inspector."

Her voice remained calm as she stepped away to gaze at a painting. "He's told me about Isabella." Campbell raised his eyebrows as he walked out of the room with her following after only a few seconds. "He knows you employed her." Grace's painted lips pull up into a smile at the man's back as the lie effortlessly slips through her teeth. "Does he?"

Campbell's anger was tangible as he adjusted the black gloves adorning his hands. "So it seems our little rabbit wasn't able to keep her mouth shut." Grace released a sigh as if she was disappointed with the situation. "Seems like you've lost judgment on who you can trust, inspector." His gaze pierced through her as he turned with a glance. "I must take another look at the trust I have in you then, Grace."

Cringing as he spoke her name, she glanced his way before shaking her head. "I'm doing this for my country, nothing can sway me from my mission." Her voice hardened as she spoke but the ghost of Thomas' fingers brushed over her chest and constricted her heart. How many lies will she spew today?

┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧ 𝓘𝓼𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪 ✧˚┊ ┊ ┊

Everyday had been uneventful for Isabella, she should have been happy but she couldn't resist that ebbing feeling of loneliness as she laid down on her cold bed that a certain man once occupied. Her schedule had become dreary. In the mornings she would dutifully go to work and then as soon as it was over she would return home and usually fortify herself in her room only coming out for dinner. Of course her mother had noticed this pattern but has yet to say anything, not wanting to further dampen her daughter.

"Bella!"

Isabella froze when the familiar voice called out to her and she had it in mind to keep walking as if she heard nothing, but she missed him. Blue eyes raised and took in the sight of John and she was close to breaking down into tears right then and there, despite it being only a few days. "Where the fuck have you been?"