IX. The Puppet.

Charlotte sat at the dinner table, Henry across from her. He stabbed at his food and ate while Charlotte scribbled onto a napkin with her pencil. Her homework and binder were neatly next to her.

She drew a small circle with two black dots and two larger dots. Charlotte dragged the pen across the paper to form a long skinny neck under the head with a necklace like choker. She then scribbled in the empty space on the napkin with her pen and clicked the tip to close it.

"Charlotte, do your homework." Henry chewed through his words. Charlotte sighed.

"Dad, I finished my work." She mewed back. Henry put down his knife.

"Then what are you doodling?" He gestured with his finger to lift up the napkin. Charlotte turned it around and lifted it high into the air.

"This, It's an opera mask thingy, look!" She squealed. Henry squinted at the brown paper and stared. Charlotte stretched her arm out further

"Damn it, Lottie, I need to start wearing my glasses more often," He huffed. Charlotte put down her arm and giggled.

"Yeah you should, here! Take it!" Charlotte's freckled face scrunched up as she smiled. Henry reached over towards her and she handed him the napkin.

"Huh, that's pretty cool," He examined it, looking at the pen strokes. Henry looked back up at her and raised one eyebrow comedically. Charlotte's face gleamed like the sun. Henry closed his eyes and smiled at her.

"Lottie, can I have this? I really like it," Henry placed the napkin down and stared intently at it. Charlotte aggressively nodded her head, giggling. The apples of her cheeks flushed.

"Yes! Please do, yes!" She chirped.

"Pfft- Alright, Lottie, thank you," Henry smiled and picked up the drawing once more as Charlotte clicked the top of the pen.

"You're welcome!" She squirmed with excitement. Henry laughed. He folded the napkin and placed it on the breast pocket of his flannel jacket.

* * *

The chubby man walked into the back maintenance room. His foot tapped as he walked towards William who hunched over Spring Bonnie's arm intently. Henry grabbed the brown napkin from his pocket and unfolded it.

"Hey, William," Henry's deep voice murmured. William snapped his head around, his eyes were sunken in from sleep-deprivation. The circles under his eyes matched the purple hue of his button up shirt. He stared aimlessly at Henry.

"Yeah?" William groaned. Henry stepped next to William. Henry was chubbier and shorter than William. The tall man stood up, towering over his friend. William stood a solid 6'2, maybe even taller in heeled shoes. Henry wasn't short himself, just William's jarring height made him look tiny in comparison.

Henry's hand shakily reached into his breast pocket and pulled out the folded napkin. He turned it around to face William, who leaned back against the desk. William's hips were so far above the desk that he could sit on it with no effort needed to hop up or have his legs dangling.

"Look at this, I think it's neat," Henry egged on. William reached out, a screwdriver in hand.

"An opera mask?" William tilted his head. He grabbed the napkin and scanned it up and down. His brow furrowed. Henry's laugh sounded like a duck.

"I mean, I like opera-" William shifted.

"I think we should make it into something, like, a puppet, you know?" Henry chirped, his eyes gleaming. The taller man tilted his head. His dark brown hair was parted on the side.