FRAGGING SOUNDWAVE!! (not like that)

YEAR XXX
LOCATION CYBERTRON
THE NEMESIS

XXX YEARS AGO...

---

The sounds of pedesteps echoed throughout the long hallways, the smell of rust lingering in the air. The lights were a dim shade of purple, and there was always a feeling of somebody watching from behind those long walls.

The lights reflected off of the Con', eerie and solemn.

A small sigh left his intake, his red optics gazing practically at nothing in front of him, servos clasped tight behind him.

An aura of superiority surrounded him, the allies he had past had not said anything directly to him, only mutters to each other.

Their optics avoided his at all cost until they were out of sight, leaving the Con' once again alone. This did not bother him.

By himself once more, he thought;

When was the last time he was adored by his followers, not feared?

When was the last time... They could rally in his name... As equals?

He did not mind, no he did not mind one bit.

This power...

This freedom...

It was for the good... Of his home.

For his people.

All of those who once fought alongside him fear him.

He's powerful, bold, and was always seeking for more power.

The only person who would match up to his strength was a blasted Autobot named Optimus Prime, his nemesis. Someone he once considered his... Friend. His brother. Their bond was stronger than any ore in the universe, even more beautiful than the precious energon running through his now wretched veins.

They had different views in this unfair universe, he wanted the future of Cybertron to shine under his control. He would make everybody an equal, where everybody would shout his name as he stands above them all.

Just... A little longer.

Under his eternal rule, he will make his home prosper as it once did.

Cybertron was corrupted to its core, Megatron was not wrong to want to topple it from its roots and start anew!

Optimus, at that time Orion, however, wanted something different, that timid, middle-caste bot who knew NOTHING of the suffering they had to go through, giving a speech about 'peacefully' ending the conflict.

While HE had to suffer through the mines as a slave, while HE had to risk EVERYTHING to reach the top through the pits just so SOMEONE could listen to the cries of the slaves...

It was all futile because, of course, those uppercaste brightfaces wouldn't want their main source of entertainment gone.

Of course that wretched High Council would listen to young Orion's words instead.

It was all a trick. He had just used him and his people as stepping stones to become a Prime, a puppet for the Council.

They would've never understood the suffering they had gone through.

While they take bathe in oil and luxury, they had to stay in the dark, suffering, reaching for a bit of light.

And Megatron was that light.

He had made many mistakes. Losing many trustworthy and loyal friends...

Especially the one who had showed him freedom.