Chapter 2: Big Fun

"Greetings and Salutations."

Veronica gasped softly at those words. She wasn't sure what to do. What do you do when your dead, murder boyfriend comes back to haunt you? She looked at him with disgust, "What the fuck are you doing here!?" She yelled.

"Uh, getting a Slurpee." He said.

"No!" Veronica snapped, hitting it out of his hand.

"Dude, chill." He said with a soft chuckle.

"Chill!? How can I chill when the boy I loved died in front of me, then comes back four years later to what!? Fucking kill me, too!?" She yelled.

"What the hell is happening?" He asked.

"I don't know! How about you tell me, JD!?" She shouted.

"JD? Wait,... Jason Dean? You think I'm Jason Dean?" He asked, chuckling.

"You are." She said.

"No. I'm Trevor Dean. JD was my cousin." He said.

Veronica looked at him like a deer in the headlights, completely in shock, "Y-You're not him?"

"No. How bout this, we start over?" He asked, holding out his hand.

Veronica nodded, very cautiously shaking his hand.

"Greetings and salutations. I am-"

"Can you not say that?" Veronica asked.

"Hm?"

"JD would say that. It makes me think you're him even more."

Trevor nodded, "Hi. I am Trevor Dean." He smirked softly.

"Veronica. Veronica Sawyer." She said softly.

"Veronica? That's why you look familiar. I saw you at his funeral." He said.

"That was you. I thought... I thought I was seeing him. I thought I was losing it." She chuckled very softy.

He chuckled softly, "How did you know him?" He asked.

There's the question that stumped her; How did she know him? Did she even know him at all? She liked to remember the good side of JD, forgetting all the awful things he did to her and her classmates. She looked at Trevor, "We were friends. These two guys tried to take advantage of a situation, then spread a rumor about me. He... He protected me from them." She said softly.

"Friends, huh? That's why you said you loved him earlier?" He asked.

Veronica sighed, "Yeah, I did. We were more than friends, but it's over now. I don't want to think about it."

He nodded, "One more thing."

"Hm?"

"You said 'kill me, too'? What did you mean?"

Veronica froze. She looked at him and grabbed a cup, filling it with a Slurpee and handed it to him, "I think it's time you go." She said, going to grab a rag to clean up their mess.

"Come on, it was just a joke, right?" He asked as Veronica got on her knees, sopping up the mess. Trevor noticed her expression and attitude, "Right, Veronica?"

She looked at him, small tears in her eyes, "Jason wasn't the best person." She said with a shaky breath.

He nodded, "JD's Uncle, my dad, never spoke of him much. Called his dad insane a few times, especially after his mom died. When we were little, they came to Cleveland to visit us, that was the last time I saw him. We were playing, and he took my toy race car. I don't know what was happening between our dads at the time, something about one taking money from the other and not returning. I, uh," He sat on the shelf next to Veronica, helping her a little, "told my dad he took my car and dad called him a thief, and kept saying "like father like son". He... He said he wouldn't be shocked if JD blew someone up, just like his dad did to his mom."