Chapter 4: 17

Veronica rushed from her classroom and out into the courtyard as the clock struck 6PM. She had a late class and was hoping Trevor was waiting for her still. The evening sun beamed through the trees, lighting her path for her. She walked into the center and looked around, not seeing Trevor anywhere. Suddenly, she felt a pair of comforting hands grip her hips. She blushed and smiled wide, turning to see him. Greeting him with a deep kiss, she held him close. Trevor pulled away to smile at her, "Hi." He said.

"Hi." Veronica smiled.

It's been two weeks since Chloe's death and everything was normal and perfect for Veronica and Trevor. Chloe's death was ruled as a suicide and nothing was suspious about it, but Veronica was not convinced. Trevor had did his best to get her mind off things, but with the police questioning them every 2 seconds it felt like it was very hard to forget what happened. She blamed herself still, so did most people that were at the party. They thought because of how Veronica treated her, it drove her over the edge. Of course, she also thought that if it really was suicide, but she still wasn't coinvinced.

Trevor looked down at Veronica, and smiled. He had been a very loyal, caring boyfriend to her, everything she ever wanted. Veronica held him close as the sun shined down on them as it set, "I have off tonight, what do you wanna do?" She asked with a small smirk.

"I was thinking a proper date." Trevor smirked.

"Really?" Veronica asked.

"Alden and Harlow?" He asked, his hands on her sides.

"That's fancy." She said, "Why not just McDonalds or something again?"

"Well, I want to treat you tonight. It's special." He said.

"What's so special about tonight?" She asked.

"You'll see tonight." He smirked.

"At least tell me what to wear." She said.

"Something fancy. Maybe your favorite outfit." He said.

"Okay." She smiled.

"I will pick you up at 7." He said.

"That'll only give me a half hour to get ready." She said.

"Then you better hurry." He smirked and kissed her nose.

Veronica smiled and nodded. She went to leave him, but turned back and ran into his arms, kissing him deeply. Trevor smiled wide, and picked her up, spinning around as he kissed her. Yeah, some bad things happened at terrible times, but they were both so happy right now. Neither of them would have anything any other way. Trevor put Veronica down and gently pulled away, "I will see you in a half hour." He smiled.

Veronica nodded, "A half hour." She smiled.

Trevor kissed her quickly, before she ran off to her dorm. As soon as she was there, she took off her makeup and washed her face, then went to do her hair. She made it big and poofy, then picked out a tight, short, strapless, black dress with flecks of blue glitter on it. She went back to the bathroom, doing her makeup again before going to go back to her room. As she walked across the living room, Vanessa walked in, "Veronica?" She asked.

Veronica looked over, "Oh, hey."

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out with Trevor right now?" Vanessa asked.

"He wanted me to come back here and get changed into something more fancy." Veronica smiled softly.

"Why?"

"We're going to Alden and Harlow for dinner." She smiled.

"That's fancy. Why?"

"He said it was special and he wanted to treat me right tonight."