A Surprise That's For Sure

A small shred of light came from a computer screen when the room was entirely dark paired with the sounds of clattering that came from the keyboard and clicks from the mouse.

In front of the computer sat a man who's left eye was covered by his hair. He was wearing a headphone connected directly and was playing a shooting game.

His posture looks bad when he had to hunch his back and his knees were crossed was able to make them fit to his chair. The guy seems to be doing pretty well on his game when his screen flashed the victory screen.

Though he didn't feel like he won anything, he smiled when the match was nice on its own. He stood up to stretch and got his mind a little taken as he looked at the screen.

On a stadium where lots of people gathered was watching an online battleground through a large screen. They were cheering loudly when the screen shared a familiar scene, there were those that was disappointed but most of them cheered and howled wildly at the end of the event.

"That is it ladies and gentlemen!! Bad2Pick was able to end the match with a total of 13 kills!" a male sports commentator shouted.

"That was a fantastic play from all the 50 players no less! Yet somehow, Bad2Pick still remains the champion of today's event!" another sports commentator continued.

"Indeed, he will be the one to receive a price that most people would want! A free VIP ticket to a concert wich is the one and only ticket you could get!" the first voice shouted over the mike.

Back to the lightless room where nothing really changed. The man was still sitting there on the chair and was just bored out of his mind.

He was invited a few weeks ago to participate into an event among other pro players in a single Battle Royale. He met people he knew that dominated the game but he was a little disappointed.

Now that the event was done he decided to go to bed. It's way past his bedtime and he didn't have any appetite to eat.

Knowing the place well, he shut his computer down before heading to the bathroom. He just wanted to cool down and he did it all without opening a light bulb. When he was finished he dried himself with the help of a blow-dryer before sitting on his bed.

The dark was...nice in a way and he just wanted a small time for himself before finally plopping on the bed.

¬¬¬

Morning arrived but the man was already awake before the sun. He's busy watching something on the monitor but the chips he kept munching was the only sound to echoed through the place.

He didn't bother to open the curtains but the sun still lighted up the place. It's a li'l unexpected to see how everything was tidy. The only mess to see was the sheets he didn't fold along with the trash bags stacked beside the door.

Though he watched he wasn't that focused and it made him catch that faint sound. Well even his feet sensed the vibration so he had to put down his headphones.

He waited even though he knew it wasn't his mind fooling him he wanted to make sure. Then there it was, a buzz coming from his front door.

"Did they finally found me?" he whispered and placed the bag of chips down on the table. He's  nervous, if he is right then reaching out for those would be the best thing.

"Ah shit why does it matter anyway," he finally said out loud wich revealed a soft tone that falls on the Mi note.

It would be a lie to say he's calm, in fact it's the opposite. He's anxious, scared to even answer the door but the man knew better than to ignore them forever.