An Early Bite

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N's Point of View)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Akali were sitting inside one of the restaurants on the first floor making you stare blankly in front when you're confused. It was supposed to be a short drink so why were you here? It was a little unexpected on your part but you thought Akali might just be hungry so you didn't want to make her uncomfortable by asking.

"So! Which one?" Akali asked as she lowered the menu and looked at you. You flinched when she made you snap out of your mind and immediately looked at the menu they gave you.

"U-uh, something light. Uhmm," Y/N let out as you scanned the items. A certain name however caught your eye making you smile a little.

"T-then this one," Y/N said as you lowered the menu and pointed with your right index finger. Akali took a peek and nodded before raising her right arm.

This gesture called out for a waiter and Akali told her the orders while you looked outside through the glass wall when you were near it. Thanks to Drake a punch of the past made you feel like everything you do is worthless causing you to be fearless too when the mindset back then was getting to you. It was...too different from who you are now and that fact alone made you feel a little bit better.

The food you ordered was nothing more than a simple spicy curry and it made you widen your smile a little when it was something you used to be bored off. The way to cook it was easy and the ingredients were simple too so you and the others had it most of the time when the previous jobs were a little too tiring.

Will the taste be as I remembered? Y/N thought as your eyes fell to your clasped palms on the table.

You chuckled when you feel like your actually having expectations but the skin on your nape felt someone looking at you. You looked at Akali who just leaned her chin on top of her right fist and was busy observing you as you saw how those hazel eyes were aimed towards your body. This caused your smile to tremble and realized what the real problem is right now.

"Anything wrong Ma'am?" Y/N asked when she was taking her time just looking at you.

"Hmm? N-nah. Was just wondering where have you been in the past few minutes? Found something you like?" Akali asked so you shrugged.

"I-I really am sorry for that. The place was wider than I thought it would s-so I wasn't able to find you sooner," Y/N replied making Akali raise her head.

"Haaah no need to apologize! It's just...I kinda feel bad you wasted those time to find me instead of joining Eve," Akali mumbled as her eyes looked away. Now this just made you freeze when you're making her guilty, by all means, it wasn't your intention.

"P-please, don't be. Because of it, I was able to find a lot of interesting things," Y/N replied to the second question before. Now this made her eyes look into yours but this time you could see it brightened up a bit. You closed your eyes when you didn't like to lock eyes again but your smile was much more relaxed and genuine this time.

"Like what?" Akali asked causing your legs to jump a little in surprise when you didn't expect her to ask something related to you. You thought it must be to fill in the awkward silence so you complied.

"Mmh, the computers they have here are in the latest trend so it did pique my interest. Not just that but I also saw the VR capsule which might cost a lot of fortune," Y/N replied, and that alone made you shiver when one of'em would reach around 3,000 RP or 30,000 motes. You looked at Akali hoping what you said would satisfy but she never moved an inch as her eyes were still looking at yours.