Chapter 8: Ten's Guilt

No One's POV

The Doctor was pressing buttons and pulling levers on his Tardis console trying to distract his mind off his injured son currently bedridden in the medical bay. He was a bit shaky because of the ordeal but he could manage.

The console room was quiet as the Doctor was left there with his own thoughts as he solemnly looked at the empty space reflecting to himself

"I could've been there earlier...I could've saved him from getting beaten...I w-wasn't fast enough or diligent enough too notice that the tracker was beeping..." The Doctor thought too himself as guilt swelled up in him.

" The Doctor thought too himself as guilt swelled up in him

"I-I could've l-lost him...He c-could've died i-if I wasn't t-there!...I can't lose him...I just can't!...Not another one...Not like Jenny...Not like them..." The Doctor thought to himself reminiscing his daughter Jenny and his other children before that happened....

He then walked to another side of the console as he typed in other codes unto the console buttons as he pulled another lever. He then started continuing with his thoughts.

"I have too move on! I can't always dwell on the past! I need to move on...I must..." The Doctor thought to himself as he tried shaking off the feelings of the past.

He tried too occupy his thoughts with something else like setting a course for a new destination like a jungle planet in the corners of the Universe or the beautiful scenery of 18th century Europe. As he was looking forward too choosing which, visions in his head started flashing over his mind.

He saw old memories of children running down the red hills of the Gallifreyan countryside. The two suns would shine brightly and light up the morning sky as children would roll down the hill and play tag or hide and seek in the wooded areas. He remembered 4 children sitting beside him eating their packed up lunches as his younger self was setting up the tea set.

The 4 kids would bite into their meals as they hummed in delight at the savory taste. They would then drink some juice kids loved to drink in the past. The Doctor and his younger self smiled at the sight watching his children enjoy themselves. He remembered the feeling of relaxing under a Gallifreyan tree enjoying the shade as some of his children went back to play.