Reference Guide

UPDATE: I'm starting a playlist that comes with reading this fic! It's on Spotify and consists of all the songs that are referred to in this fic as well as some songs that inspired it!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3AGEYrAJ3fOyXJndDoANAI?si=4893f5c7a43543f5

Below is a list of the major/significant characters that are going to be involved in this story and the roles they play! This story starts with a cold-open! I don't like to shove all of the world-building immediately, so I'm sure my readers will be a little lost reading the first chapters or so. This is a slow burn! You're supposed to learn things over the course of the fic, so just in case, If you so desire to skip right to the point, I tried to describe the characters without giving too much of the plot away. :)

!!! SPOILERS !!!

<3 You obviously don't need to memorize all of this to understand the fic, but if there is ever a point where you are lacking a smidge of whatever the hell is going on, feel free to come back here and look at some character descriptions!

This is all a WIP, too! More description TBA!!

Lance McClain (17)

Model and Actor since childhood, as his older sister, Veronica, is a film producer. Lucky, but also very talented. Lance is commonly type-cast as a heartthrob protagonist, or otherwise a love interest. He has a very large fanbase, complete with shipping and fanfictions about him, (which stresses him perpetually)

Pidge Gunderson

A pseudonym for a coveted photojournalist with a secret identity. Writes viral feminist and activism columns that have woken up the photography and journalism industries.

Katie Holt (15)

The only daughter of Sam Holt, a former rockstar, and sister to Matt Holt, a famous indie-pop artist currently climbing the charts. Katie keeps a very very low profile and stays away from the media altogether, as she desires. (Their parents originally kept her and her brother away from the fame life until they were old enough to decide for themselves.) Katie is also a naturally VERY talented musician with a beautiful voice, but she feels like her strengths lie elsewhere.

Hunk Garrett (17)

A social media star, known for a viral cooking-oriented Youtube channel, where he teaches viewers how to make viral dishes talks about (critiques) pop culture. He's got a reputation for being a harsh critic and has accidentally started a couple of trends and memes. A part of his job is also babysitting Lance, his best friend.

Keith Kogane (18)

Shiro's adopted brother and Lance's competing actor. Keith is also a model, as well as a guitarist for a pop star, Princess Allura.

Princess Allura (18)

This being a stage name, Allura is a pop star and fashion icon! Think Beyonce and Mariah Carey. Allura designs and sews her own clothes, as well as owns a fashion brand called "Quintessence"

Coran Altea

Allura's manager, a family friend.

Takashi Shirogane (25)

Professional Keith Babysitter. Shiro is also an actor, though he is usually found involved in more sophisticated roles. Shiro has become a household name and winner of many awards recognizing him for his work and talent. In his early years, acted on Broadway! He keeps trying to convince Keith to accept a role in a live show.