Chapter 12- I Found You

Content Warning:\\: Explicit contents, this chapter can be unsettling to some readers. Please proceed with caution.

Trigger Warning:\\: SA, Suicide Mention, Self Harm, Abuse, Wounds\Light Gore, Kidnapping, Violence.

-
~Obsession~
-

Y\N slept soundly, only waking when she felt a shifting in the bed and an arm wrapping around her waist. Her anxiety eased as her E\C eyes fluttered open and adjusted to the morning light. A smile immediately moved into place as Y\N stared up at a rather sleepy Viktor who was also awake staring back with half lidded eyes. A feeling of embarrassment filled her as she snuggled into him more.

Her fingers delicately traced their way across his collar bone and up towards his neck where a deep purple and blue bruise wrapped it's way around his throat. The wound seemed irritated and Y\N couldn't help but frown slightly in wonder of how she missed seeing it before. As her fingers focused on his neck he winced back indicating not wanting any attention to be drawn to it, grabbing her hand he moves it away.

"What happened?" Y\N spoke in a whisper, worry seeping with each word.

Viktor didn't reply, instead he closed his eyes and rolled over onto his back.

"Viktor, please tell me what caused such a marking." She tried again, a sorrowful quality to her voice and a pleading in her eyes like a dog begging for a crumb.

A silence blossomed through the room, both occupants in a rather depressed state of being with how the morning is going so far.

"Y\N."

The quiet rumble stating her name grabbed her attention quickly, rolling onto her stomach she props herself up slightly with her forearms, turning her head in his direction.

"We are immortal beings. We have all seen and been through our fair share of  trials and tribulations. We have heard first hand the screams of torment from thousands of innocent civilians as they were slaughtered or even burned alive. Everyone we ever get to love is forcibly ripped out of our grasp and we will never get to meet them in an afterlife. We can never truly die."

His words swirled in her head, eyes tracing his facial features for any clues to how the inner turmoil connects to the extreme bruising on his neck- and then it struck.

"No..." Y\N could feel her heart tense at the devastating apprehension. Tears beginning to sting her eyes.

"All of us have attempted ending our lives at least once Y\N." Viktor turned his head to face her now. He watched in a moment of hushed sobs as tears streamed down her face.

"H-How many times.. have you?" Y\N practically had to force the words to part from her lips that wouldn't stop quivering in fear of the answer.

"I don't keep record of such things." He gave no hesitation and shook his head slightly but froze in after thought. "An attempt is made every year at least. Same date, hoping it will be successful eventually-"

"Viktor!" Y\N yelled, moving herself so she was able to hold onto him, refusing to let go. She hid her face in his chest as the tears blurred her sight. Viktor huffed, his scarlet eyes moving from her to the ceiling. He slowly engulfed his arms around her to embrace, but only for a moment before pulling the weeping girl from him and relocating her to lay on top of him.