7. Losing a friend

Was this really happening? just yesterday everything had been fine but now they were hiding in a classroom, with their classmate who was going to turn into a zombie soon, disbelief setting in chaewon's stomach

"Really, i wasn't bitten" isak stated, wiping the blood from her nose. All of them knew, their friend was turning and there was no way to save her.

"she was bitten" wu-jin whispered, shaking daesu.

"really, i wasn't" she insisted, rushing over to a mirror but freezing, when she saw her reflection.
this couldn't be true. how could this happen, they were too young to die!
chaewon shook her head confused, could they have prevented this from happenin? The room fell silent, gyeongsu being the first one to speak up

"are you okay?" gyeongsu questioned worried, standing next to isak but she ignored him, turning to her two friends "onjo, chaewon" she whispered, her voice shaking.

"isak" onjo replied, her voice cracking because of the lump forming in her throat, the three girls walked to each other, knowing they had to say goodbye.

"im not one of them" she kept insisting, however both, chaewon and onjo were quickly pulled away from isak. It must have been hard for isak, her friends being pulled away from her, like she was some kind of crazy monster.

"onjo, chaewon" she whispered, her voice shaking, falling to her knees.

the color quickly drained from onjo's face. chaewon was close to them but isak and onjo we're much closer, they were best friends.
before onjo could free herself from cheongsan, who had dragged them away from their friend but before onjo could free herself, isak's bones starting crunching, she hissed and was now stumbling and staggering towards them.

"Hurry! Do something!" nayeon yelled in panic.

isak charged at cheongsan first, her eyes fixed on him, drooling like some crazy animal.
"cheongsan watch out!" chaewon yelled.
he quickly pushed the zombie with a chair, making her fall back.

"Stop it!" Onjo yelled, with tear-filled eyes.

she tried to attack onjo next, but cheongsan pushed her, making her fall through the window. onjo rushed over holding on her arm tightly, not being able to let her friend go.

"onjo, you have to let her go" chaewon cried, from the back

Cheongsan started pushing isak with a chair, and she fell, both, onjo and cheongsan watching her, sadness clouding their features.
chaewon quickly pulled onjo into her arms, both of them Breathing heavily and shaking uncontrollably from what they had just witnessed.

Isak was gone.

________________________________
chaewon sat on the floor alone, feeling someone touch her arm. It was cheongsan, who sat next to her
.
"im sorry" he whispered, even if he was forced to make isak leave, he still felt bad knowing he had to be the one to push chaewon and onjo's friend out of the window.
his apology, made her look up at the boy, who was staring at the floor , his leg nervously bouncing. Seeing him like this, made her reach out and lay her hand over his.