Prologue

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I slammed my alarm clock off as the sunlight hits my face. I slowly flutter my eyes open, blinking to adjust my vision. I rubbed my eyes and glanced at the clock. "9.43 a.m... Mhm... It's still early for this shit". I reluctantly get up from my bed.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Shuichi Saihara. I'm just your average 16 years old boy who is trying to live his life. Well... Not 'really' normal. I like— no, I am obsessed with the show called Danganronpa. Ever since I was a kid, I would watch all of their series in the middle of the night. Of course, my parents are very concerned about my mental health. Who wouldn't?

Who laughs at someone's misery? Whose eyes sparkle in amazement whenever they saw blood splattered all over the room? Who smiles when they see a dead body? The answer; is a mentally unstable person like me and you. Yes, I know some of you are unstable as well. Don't bother to lie.

I looked at the corkboard. My eyes trail to a small piece of paper that red circled "𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓽 10 𝓪.𝓶 (Meeting at 10 a.m)". My eyes dilated. F*ck! I forgot I have a meeting with the Danganronpa Team! I hurriedly get myself ready and make a rush breakfast which is bread (yes, only a slice of bread).

[Time Skip]

"Hello, Mr. Saihara.", a woman with grey hair greeted. I greet her back. " Let's go down to business, shall we?" I nodded, not really in the mood to say anything. "Ah! Congratulations on being chosen as the mastermind for the next game.", she said. She gave me a book. "This book has rules and guides you need to follow as a mastermind."She walked through the hallways, me trailing her behind. "Though, there is one unsaid rule all masterminds need to follow. The rule is not listed in the book."

She opened the door and went into the room. The room looks like a library. She took out what it looks like a key and place it in front of the hidden card reader that I didn't notice until now. "This is the monitor room or mastermind's room. Every room and hallway has a camera except for the bathrooms. The other secret room will be in your assigned dorm room and the boys' bathroom."

I stared at the woman in front of me. I want to ask something. Something that has been bugging me. But it seems she knows what I want to ask. "I see you are curious about the unsaid rule, yes?" I shook my head 'yes'. "The rule is..."

"You are forbidden to ever fall in love with the participants. Break this rule and you will receive punishment from the Danganronpa Team!"

To say I was taken aback by her sudden tone is understandable. Her face suddenly turned serious and her blue eyes turned into glowing magenta. "Do you understand, Mr. Saihara?", the woman spoke with a dark tone. "Yeah. I get it."

"Good!"

Her mood swings back into the nice woman I know. "Let's go to the next room, shall we?". She gave me a tour of the rest of the rooms we haven't been to yet.

[Time Skip]

I walked into the 'school' with files of all participants. Walking down the hallways, I met the Monokubs with Monokuma in front of them. "Hey, kid. All of the students are in the locker. They should be awake any second now. You should go to your assigned locker. Give me the files. I'll put it on your desk." And with that, he disappears along with his children.

I rolled my eyes and went into the classroom and hide in one of the open lockers. 

*BAM BAM BAM*

The locker beside me made a loud creak and a loud thump on the floor indicating that someone has already woken up. I heard a groan as I stay quiet in my locker.

"W-where am I?! Huh...? A classroom?" That's my cue to reveal myself to whoever the person is. I make some noises in the locker, alerting the person from the other side before I fall to the floor with a loud "oof".

"Hey, are you okay?" I look up to see a blonde-haired girl with music notes as her clips look down at me with her hand held up for me to grab. "Ah, thank you." I grabbed her hand and she pull me up. I pulled my hat down, hiding my eyes.

"Hey, do you know why we're here?", she asked, worry laced in her tone. " A-all I r-remember is t-that someone pulled me into a-a black v-van...", I stuttered out, getting into the character I was given. A shy, timid detective.

"Ah! Me too! I guess... We got kidnapped..." She laughed nervously. We stayed silent after that. 'Well... This is awkward...'

"How rude of me! I didn't even introduce myself!", she suddenly spoke up. I jumped and looked at her with wide eyes. 'God... This girl is loud.', I thought to myself. " My name is Kaede Akamatsu. I'm the Ultimate Pianist." She gave me a bright smile. I smiled back, only the smile I wear is fake.

"I-I'm Shuichi Saihara. I am the Ultimate Detective. Nice to meet you, Akamatsu." This is going to be fun~