Chapter Two

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
This chapter contains a graphic death scene and other things that may upset readers.

"Hey, Kokichi!"

"Huh?" I turned around trying to find the source of the voice. "Shumai? What is so important that you want to disturb my peaceful time?" He smiled at me and walked toward me. I looked at him suspiciously at his action. "Let's spend our time together.", he said very calmly. I stared at him shocked. 'This is very un-Shumai-like. He wouldn't just suddenly invite me to hang out with him...' I smiled at him, ignoring the alarm blaring in my head. "I would love to but... I have plans today." I turned around and walked away. "Wait, Kokichi-"

Ding Dong! Bing Bong!~

"Huh, what this?", I muttered under my breath. My question is soon to be answered in the most horrifying way possible.

"Puhuhu~ A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, a class trial will begin!"

The announcement made by the one and only Monokuma echoed in the hallways. I feel shivers down my spine, trying to process the information that was suddenly dumped into me. I glanced at the tall boy beside me. He hid his face with his face. I couldn't see his face very clearly but a dim red glow caught my eyes. "Shuichi?" Shuichi jumped and turned to look at me. The red dim glow disappears. 'What was that?' I questioned myself. "Yes, Kokichi?", he stuttered out. His hands are trembling, clearly in fear.

It is understandable to be afraid but unfortunately, we have to get used to it as we are trapped in a school and are forced to play a sick game. After Monokuma gave a - what he called 'Monokuma file' to us, I looked at Shuichi, who is still in his frozen state. "Let's not waste our time standing around here.", I said calmly, hiding the rising anxiety in my chest. "Y-yes. You're right." I smiled at him. "I am always right, dumb-dumb. Now let's go!"

🧢🔍🧢🔍🧢🔍🧢🔍🧢🔍🧢🔍🧢🔍🧢🔍🧢🔍🧢🔍🧢🔍

"Hey, Kokichi!"

I called out for the purple head boy. "Huh?" The boy turned around and made eye contact with me. "Shumai? What is so important that you want to disturb my peaceful time?" He looked at me with curiosity. His cheeks are slightly red. "Let's spend our time together." He blinked a few times, trying to process the information. He frowned slightly before giving a smile. A forced smile. "I would love to but... I have plans today."

He walked away. "Wait, Kokichi-". I panicked and try to grab his hand but before it happen, an announcement boomed, startling us both. 'Wait... I know this thing! Has someone died? Oh~ this is going to be amazing!~'. Saliva dripped down my lips, my eyes began to dangerously glow red, and an obvious red blush formed on my cheeks. "Shuichi?"

"Yes, Kokichi?". I couldn't resist my excitement. I was vibrating like a phone. Let's not waste our time standing around here." I glanced at Kokichi. "Yes, you're right." 'I can't wait to see you in the trial. Let's see if you have the guts to survive!'

" I am always right, dumb-dumb. Now, let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me away. I glanced at Kokichi. 'I need to be extra careful next time. I didn't act like the character I was supposed to be.'

We opened the door, and everyone gathered around to see the body. "Oh my God... How could someone do this...?" Kaede murmured to Tsumugi. "So, who died?", Kokichi spoke, making his presence known. I hide my face with my hat. "How disrespectful of you, Ouma!", Tsumugi yelled angrily. He shrugged it off and walked towards the murder scene, ignoring the girl with glasses' comment. "Oh, it's Yumeno-Chan.", he said with an emotionless face.