𝟏| 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

CHAPTER ONE:

READING THE STORY

THE NIGHT SKY was slowly coming out in New Orleans, the sun setting like it did everyday, carriages and old cars driving by the houses

THE NIGHT SKY was slowly coming out in New Orleans, the sun setting like it did everyday, carriages and old cars driving by the houses. Peaking out from the curtains, lights could be seen through the windows. Most people were in their houses, having dinner as a family, some civilians of New Orleans leaving their cars and heading inside the door to their homes to greet their families with a smile.

The crickets chirped on the ground, adding to the hooves of horses and many other sounds, like the birds quietly chirping as they prepared for bed, the owls letting out hoos as they woke up from their sleep. A large house stood by the end of the very nice neighborhood, other houses similar to it on the sides. The porch lights were on, as well as a light shining through a window at the very top of the house, almost looking like a tower.

Pink curtains could be seen as it covered most of the room, only the lights of the room being seen. Inside the room, it was revealed it was a little girl's bedroom as the bed was pink, almost like a princess bed. Dolls laid on the shelves, toys laying on the floor. Pink poufy dresses were on one side of the bedroom, showing that they were beautifully handmade.

On the floor, a large pink poufy dress around her body, Charlotte La Bouff hugged her small cat in her arms, almost looking like she was gonna crush the poor animal as the cat held wide eyes full of fear. A long pink hat-like crown was on her head full of blonde hair. Beside her, Y/n La Bouff held an interested smile.

Unlike her sister, her dress was a lot smaller and went down to her knees. It was a beautiful f/c color and a nice small gold crown laid on her head, her soft h/c locks just beneath it. On the other side of the e/c eyed girl, Tian wore a bright green shirt with brown pants as he sat with his best friends. His hand was laying on top of Y/n's, both their hands resting on the floor of Charlotte's bedroom.

The three children were staring up at Tian's mother, Eudora, as she told a story from the book in front of her about a princess meeting a frog and then kissing him to break the curse, revealing that the frog was actually a prince and not just a swamp animal.

"Just at that moment, the ugly little frog looked up with his sad, round eyes and pleaded, 'oh, please, dear princess, only a kiss from you can break this terrible spell that was inflicted on me by a wicked witch'!" Eudora continues.

"Here comes my favorite part." Charlotte whispers to her sister and best friend, hugging her cat close to her.

"And the beautiful princess was so moved by his desperate plea that she stooped down, picked up the slippery creature, leaned forward, raised him to her lips, and kissed that little frog!" Eudora reads off.

As she read those words, the three had been leaning forward, a large smile on Charlotte's face while looks of disgust laid on Y/n and Tian's face. When the woman finished, the blonde let out let out an 'aw', dragging it while both Y/n and Tian looked at each other, letting out fake gags while also using their fingers to point at their mouth, signaling that they would throw up if that ever happened to them. Tian continued a bit, shaking his head while his shoulders raised, still being disgusted.

"Then, the frog was transformed into a handsome prince. They were married and they lived happily ever after. The end." Eudora finishes, using the scissors in her hand to finish off the bow she had been making for Charlotte's dress.

Both Tian and Y/n watched as Charlotte thrusted her arms out, letting out a loud 'yay' as she fell back and onto her back, shaking from where she was laying, repeating the words 'read it again' over at least three times, clearly wanting the woman to read her favorite story again. However, Eudora helds her back to her feet, wrapping the bow around her small torso, finishing her dress off.

"Sorry, Charlotte. It's time for us to be heading home. Say goodnight, Tian." Eudora tells her son.

Y/n crosses her arms, shaking her head. "There is no way in this whole wide world I would ever, ever, ever and I mean, never kiss a frog. Yuck!"

"Is that so?" Tian asks as him and Charlotte look at each other, trying to hide their smirks.

"Well, here's your Prince Charming, Y/n/n." Charlotte adds.

Next thing the e/c eyed girl knew, her sister slammed a frog-like mask, almost looking like a hat over her cat's head, surprising the animal before both Charlotte and Tian were teasing the girl as they held the cat towards Y/n's face. The three continued their playfight, but it soon ended as Y/n pushed her sister back, causing her to lightly fall on her butt while Tian let out a laugh, giving Y/n a hug.

"I would do it. I would kiss a frog. I would kiss a hundred frogs if I could marry a prince and be a princess." Charlotte admits, hugging the cat close to her.

When the cat tried getting out of her grip, the blonde only pulled him back in, kissing his head just as a screech escapes the animal. Next thing they knew, the cat was up on the ceiling, his paws sticking to it while the three kids were on their backs, laughing hysterically.

"You kids, stop tormenting that poor little kitty." Eudora scolds.

As they continued laughing, the woman stepped onto a stool and was able to get the cat off the ceiling and back onto the floor, taking the mask off his head. She watches as the cat crawls off in fear just as the door opens, making her look over, seeing Y/n and Charlotte's father, Eli La Bouff standing there.

"Evening, Eudora." Eli greets.

"Daddy!" The sisters exclaim.

Look at my new dress. Isn't it pretty?" Charlotte questions, twirling around.

Eli chuckles. "Look at you. Both of you. Why, I'd expect nothing less from the finest seamstress in New Orleans."

As he walked over to Eudora with a smile, Charlotte's blue eyes catches sight of the story book Eudora had been reading to her, Y/n and Tian. Her eyes widened at the sight of the drawing of the princess, seeing the pink dress she was wearing.

Charlotte points at the page. "I want that dress!"

"Now, sugarplum--" Eli begins.

However, Charlotte didn't let him finish as she continues to exclaim she wanted that specific dress, then repeating the word 'please' over and over again as her hands reach up, pulling and tugging at his mustache rather harshly, making him grunt in pain a bit.

"Eudora, you suppose you could whip something up like that?" Eli asks in hopes of one of his daughters letting go of his mustache.

"Anything for one of my best customers." Eudora replies, making Charlotte cheer. "Come along, Tian. Your daddy should be home from work by now."

As the woman turns to her son who stood beside Y/n, the two look at each other before they were hugging one another goodbye like they always did. Y/n's arms went around the boy's shoulders, his going around her torso while Tian pressed a peck to the girl's cheek, making her cheeks redden. When they pulled away, Tian grabbed his mother's outstretched hand, beginning to walk out of the room.

When they turned the corner, Y/n jogged up to the doorway, peaking over, watching their retreating figures. Tian glances over his shoulder in hopes of seeing the girl again, and his smile brightened when he saw her standing there. With his free hand, he eagerly waves at her, receiving one back before him and his mother were turning the corner again and out of the girl's sight.