𝟏𝟎| 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐩

CHAPTER TEN:

A DINNER SETUP

THE SUN WAS up, the sky blue instead of dark like the night as loud music could be heard throughout New Orleans

THE SUN WAS up, the sky blue instead of dark like the night as loud music could be heard throughout New Orleans. On a large boat floating along the water as it heads in one direction, civilians of New Orleans could be seen standing on the ship, the women wearing dresses, the men wearing suits while a small band could also be seen on the ship as well, playing with their instruments that echoed throughout the air.

Birds were flying high in the sky as they passed the large boat. Peaking his head up from the railing, Louis turns in the direction where the others were hiding and whistling before getting up over the railing and on the boat, having a bit of trouble while Naveen, Tian and Y/n hopped out from some boxes they were hiding behind and Ray was flying in the air.

Eventually, Louis landed with a thud just as they caught sight of three shadows coming in their directions, objects of what looked to be guns in their hands. Beginning to panic, the three frogs hide behind slight tube to their left as Ray flies in it. Seeing no other way, Louis tries to dive in the tube but gets stuck halfway before he goes back out, seeing the three men starting to walk past them.

Frantically, he closes his eyes and scrunches his body together as he hoped they would just walk by. However, the men wore animal costumes, instruments in their hands. Just then, as they almost walk right past him, one of the men stop and turn to the gator.

"Man, that is one killer-diller costume!" The man with the lion costume points out as he pokes at Louis, making the gator open his eyes.

"Hey, gator, can you blow that horn?" Another man asks.

Bringing his small trumpet to his lips, Louis plays some music from his instrument, nervously looking at the men. What he didn't expect was for them to join him to sit with them, telling him they were gonna play Mardi Gras.

Taking a deep breath of relief at first, a look of realization suddenly comes onto Louis' face as excitement takes over him as he follows them down the boat, playing his trumpet along the way. Meanwhile, behind the tube, Tian and Y/n had been hugging one another tightly as Naveen pressed his back against the object.

Noticing they were still holding each other, the two best friends nervously step away from one another, letting out nervous chuckles which only make Naveen roll his eyes, hoping soon enough they'd understand.

"We can't miss this! Little Louis gonna finally play with the big boys!" Ray exclaims as him, Naveen and Y/n begin to go in the direction their friend went to.

"Tian, you coming?" Y/n questions, her and Naveen looking back at him.

"Oh, I'll catch up with you guys later." Tian assures.

Nodding in response, Naveen gives him a smile before hopping off, motioning Y/n to follow. Giving her childhood best friend one last smile, the girl turns around and follows the prince, excited to watch Louis play like he's always wanted.