𝟓| 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

CHAPTER FIVE:

AN ALLIGATOR FRIEND

HOURS AND HOURS had gone by since the event and the sun was up and shining on the swamp and on the tree the three frogs had been hidden in for the night by the alligators that had been trying to eat them during the storm the night before

HOURS AND HOURS had gone by since the event and the sun was up and shining on the swamp and on the tree the three frogs had been hidden in for the night by the alligators that had been trying to eat them during the storm the night before. The chirps of birds were loud as they woke everyone up early in the morning, even the animals that could be seen in the swamp as the birds flew high up in the sky.

The crickets chirping on the land and in the tall grass added to the sound of the birds as they hid themselves in the grass, refusing to be seen. The occasional sound of buzzing from the bugs in the swamp filled the two out of the three frogs ears as they were the only ones awake.

Still inside the tree, Naveen was peacefully sleeping, feeling himself shiver a bit as he pulled on the leaf he had been using as a blanket for himself the entire night, considering it was a storm and it was cold out. His snores filled the air, not even bothering to wake up early in the morning.

Outside the tree, Y/n and Tian could be seen on a makeshift paddle board that they had made like a boat for them to use, not trusting to go under the water where who knows what creature could be beneath them. Just then, Naveen let out a loud 'ow' as he sat up when a pincone hit his head that Tian had thrown.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty! Gators are gone." Tian announces as Naveen slowly joins them. "We gotta get back to New Orleans and undo this mess you got us into."

Naveen jumps on the makeshift boat, laying back. "I was not the ones parading around with a suit and a phony-baloney tiara."

Glancing at one another, the two best friends roll their eyes as they begin paddling with the sticks they had in their hands while Naveen grabbed a branch with spiderwebs used as strings as he began playing it as if it was a ukulele.

After telling him they could use a little help, the prince seemed to get the wrong idea as he started playing louder, thinking the two wanted to hear his music. Words beginning to leave her mouth, Y/n turns around but stops herself at the sight of an alligator behind Naveen, his mouth wide open. The two boys follow her gaze, Tian and Y/n holding one another as Naveen rushes to them, wrapping his arms around both of them.

"I know that tune! Dippermouth Blues!" The alligator exclaims.

What they didn't expect was for a trumpet sound fill their ears, making them peak their eyes open and see the gator playing a small trumpet. A smile growing on his face, Naveen lets go of the two, who still held one another, as he grabs the stick he was using and playing it, music filling the swamp from the frog and the alligator. By the end, the gator was on shore while Naveen was on his head before he grabbed the prince's hands, twirling around with a large smile on his face.