II

1998/94 - San Francisco, town of LivermoreFour years ago when Jungwon was younger

Four years ago when Jungwon was younger

There was no answer. Heeseung knocked again softly calling out the name of the said boy a little louder. Alas, no response. He sighed turning away from the door walking away from it as he descended to his room with a grim look on his face.

The older of the two slumped into a sitting position on his bed. After the few scary events that had managed to happen in the span of an hour, everyone understood why Jungwon was acting that way, but they didn't want him to act that way. The reasoning behind it is because then it rubs off on the others then they all become sour. They didn't want what happened all those years ago to happen once again.

Right, the event that made him and Heeseung live together. We have just seen what is currently going on in the present time, now let us go back about four years (maybe more) from now. The day when Jungwon ran away from his abusive step-mom leaving his older sister unwillingly.

It was a freezing rainy night that day. Winds were crucial outside and it was extremely cold, the rain only adding more and more fuel to the fire. Jungwon had been lying down on his bed reading a book he has been really addicted to for the past few days. He sincerely loved how the main character had similarities to him and some of the same personality traits. He thought nothing could change and absolutely nothing bad could happen. Oh, how wrong he could've been.

As the younger Jungwon read his book peacefully, his older sister barged into his room startling him with the loud sound despite him not having his hearing aid on. He looked at his older sister in confusion as she had a distressed face breathing heavily. She walked up to him and held his hands that were no longer holding the book that was once there.

"Jungwon, you need to leave now." She said firmly letting one hand come up to his cheek holding it as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Mom is coming and she's drunk again, I don't want you getting hurt again, so I want you to leave this house for good." She spoke letting go of his cheek before taking out a suitcase from his closet for Jungwon so she can start packing some clothes for him.

"What about you, noona?" Jungwon asked quietly sliding his body off of the bed as he stood a few inches away from his sister.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be perfectly fine." She said sending a reassuring smile to her younger brother who hesitantly started helping her pack as much clothes as possible.

"Where am I supposed go?" Jungwon questioned as he threw his clothes into the suitcase.

"Somewhere far from here." She replied quickly.

"Call one of your friends and ask if you can crash there. I'm sure they'll let you do so." She added hurriedly as she too threw his clothes and other things into the suitcase.