Scene 4: The red shoes

A week before the fateful encounter

Irene was waiting under a gazebo

It was a Tuesday evening, rain is pouring.

Palais De Walewska, a palace located on the Île Saint-Louis in Paris, France, and the main location for Jennie Kim's fashion show as the renowned global ambassador for Chanel. While she waits for her envoy to deliver what she has asked, she moves her sight to the palace, watching the staff come and go with boxes in their hands, dresses, suits, bags, and shoes.

The woman wore a simple slim ribbed gray sweater, a classic single-breasted coat, and high-waisted jeans with black heels. One may think that she's just someone passing by and stops to admire the palace, not a daughter of a dangerous kingpin back in Italy. Then, her ears picked up a set of footfalls from behind, slowly, Irene turns around to meet the renowned ambassador of Chanel.

Jennie Kim

The woman wore a gray taupe overlapped lapel collar short blazer and gray trousers, her hair let down. She brought an umbrella with her, along with a brown leather dossier in her other hand. Jennie placed the umbrella down as she walks up the elevated floor of the gazebo.

"How was the piano concert with your wife in Switzerland?" The younger one inquires.

Irene's lips curled unpleasantly but smiled nonetheless. "It went well,"

"That all you have to say?" Jennie guffaws, "She's your wife Irene. I'm sure you have more to say than just an 'it went well', the critics were crazy, begging for an encore."

Irene looked unamused, her eyelids narrowed, "The old Constants are dead, I set them up as despicable scums, their deaths will not be investigated." She chuckles upon seeing Jennie's face paled. Andrew Alan was her father's step-brother who held all of their products before they fell on Jennie's hands. Irene takes a step closer, reveling in the new information she's giving out.

"It caused quite a scandal with their families." She finishes

She can see Jennie regaining her composure, Irene folds her hands behind her back and eyes her expectantly. "Your turn"

The younger lady clears her throat, "Very well," She raised the folder. "The secrets of the global elite, five years of work. Everything we've collected." She states with pride as she hands it over to Irene. "This thing makes WikiLeaks look like a gossip rag," Irene says nothing and takes it. Irene can feel the younger lady's gaze on her face, carefully watching her reaction.

"And upon inspecting the file, the girl is a nobody. Just a lady following her passion for music." Jennie notes, "Is she a threat? A target? A possible hostage?"

Irene quickly snaps her gaze towards the younger girl, her stare; cold and sinister as she answers icily. "Just someone whom I've been watching over for a while. Nothing important, Jennie Kim."