•Prolouge•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•Chosen One My Ass•

TW : Profanity

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

A woman sat idly as she tapped her fingertips on the arm chair she was sitting on, eyes closed and manspreading her legs. She seemed to be bored out of her mind despite the paperwork and mess all around her. All in which contained research and information about all her adventures through time and experiments with her power.

She opened her eyes lazily with an expression that showed none other than boredom. She sighed as she furrows her brows out of frustration, she never really had anyone to accompany her as she was not one to form friendships here and there. Which really frustrates her a lot when times like these happen.

No one to talk to and nothing better to do. Nothing that interests her, except for one thing..that one thing was anime.

Her expression immediately lit up in a metaphorical sense as she seemed to realize something. "That's right! There's a new episode today!" She beamed as she happily stood up and found her away to the living room after professionally jumping over a bunch of paper and boxes on the ground of her room.

As soon as she entered the living room, she did not waste another moment to turn on the TV and plopped down the couch, quickly opening Netflix. She watched the new episode of her favorite show, Kimetsu No Yaiba.

She has read the manga dozen's of times in her free time as she waited for everything to be animated. Then she came to a realization, she never really collected souvenirs from that time period. Which surprised her upon realization as she always got souvenirs every time she time traveled, Sure she can just buy some antiques in her current time period but in her opinion 'it is more fun to get it yourself rather than buying a version that has been held by so many old strangers.

Which led her into her current situation, she was back in her room, getting ready for her new adventure.

It's been a long time since the last time she has used her power, which was honestly just two weeks ago when some rude man decided to cat call her so she stopped time and made him kiss someone else's ass.

She had a good laugh, she really did and she regrets nothing. But putting the focus back to the present, she was now all ready with her bag filled with food and necessities along with some camping materials.

She did not have usable money at that time period so she has to build a camp in a nearby woods some how. It is better than having to knock out some innocent stranger to steal their money.

But moving on, she now stood with her arm outstretched as she focused. She took a deep breath before she opened her e/c eyes and everything around her started changing, everything was flashing before her eyes like what was supposed to happen.

But then something felt off to her, she felt like her power was wavering as she closed her eyes in a calm manner and tried her best to focus more which seemed to work for a moment but then everything went wrong instantly 'as a light seemed to envelope her which made her stare at herself in wonder, she had stopped her focus but her surroundings did not seem to stop flashing.

Which made her raise a brow in amusement, she was not even phased by this as she did not really care as much.

'Something or Someone has to have intervened with the process then' she thought with a displeased expression. She knew she wasn't the only one that had these strange powers but she did not expect to find someone like her now. Which irritated her since she had plans for today.

As she stood there, she felt her energy being drained which caused her to become drowsy and like any other isekai fan fiction, everything went black. She wasn't knocked out, she was fully conscious although she was surrounded by darkness. It was always like this even when she sleeps, It's always the same sight.

She hummed in thought as she started to put her guard up, she did not expect the other source of power to knock her out. Which really sat wrong to her, she wonders what could possibly be causing the disturbance to the force before a voice was heard,

"L/N Y/N, a young woman who holds a special power and a great mind. I assume you are questioning what is happening currently?" The voice spoke to her as she scoffed before putting up a calm facade and turned to where she heard the voice.

"Yes, ignoring the fact that you know who i am. Yes, I do indeed need answers. Now." She responded as her harsh tone did not match her smiling expression.

The unknown voice hummed before speaking once again, "We have chosen you to be transported into a world with a twisted faith and we need you to change it" it explained as you deadpanned but your fake smile still sat on your face. You ignored how the voice referred to itself as "We" and did not bother to ask its identity as you responded.

"Are you joking? You do realize you can't just bring me to another world against my will and if I was actually willing to go.." you paused your sentence before your expression turned to an intimidating one as you continued "you could have just asked, you asshole." You glared at nothing in particular since the voice didn't have a solid body.

"Plus, you can't just tell me to intervene and change everything. You know how time works and it should not be change-" your sentence was cut off by the unknown voice as it said "We are well aware, but some things are not meant to happen and it is bound to be changed" as you stared and hummed, not convinced as you knew from experience that it wasn't right.

You heard it sigh as you crossed your arms in front of you disappointedly and shook your head before the voice spoke again.

"We are sorry but we cannot give you any other choice, please forgive our inconsiderate actions. But there is no turning back. Please do your best, they are all counting on you" It spoke before bidding its farewells in which the woman did not reply to.

She stood there in silent frustration, 'this is gonna be a nuisance.' She thought with an annoyed expression.

'I just wanted a souvenir from the Taisho era' she thought while clicked her tongue as she could only imagine what kind of world she had to save, waiting for her consciousness to come back with anxious thoughts.

"This is overly cliche, why should i fuck around with time to save some strangers anyways." she complained as she sat down, cross legged on the dark floors of the void that surrounded her, starting to get impatient.

"Absolutely ridiculous. Chosen one my ass."