•Chapter 1•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•Harder than it seemed•

TW : Profanity, Violence, Gore and Blood

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

English - Normal
Japanese - Underlined

You fluttered your eyes open as you were met by the cold quiet night. Right as you gained your consciousness you immediately knew something was up, this forest you woke up in was too quiet for its own good.

You sat up lazily as you stared at the ground, trying to process why you were here in the first place.

Some unknown voice interrupted your trip to the Taisho era and told you that you have to save a world. Not just any world but another world you didn't even know how to survive in. Upon realization on what the unknown voice wanted you to do, you pinched the bridge of your nose as you closed your eyes with furrowed brows.

To say that you were upset was an understatement, but you can't just sit here doing absolutely nothing in the middle of a forest at night, especially with the unknown dangers that you might have to counter. You look around as you stand up, immediately feeling the weight of your bag.

'Oh good, that unknown voice let me keep my shit.' You thought as you sighed out of relief and went back to analyzing your surroundings.

"So far everything is normal.." you muttered as you pulled out your solar charged flashlight and turned it on. It was good that you knew what to bring on your travels, if not you would have been stuck with absolutely nothing.

You scoffed at the thought of having to venture another world with absolutely nothing in hand. You don't know how long you were gonna be here, but you wanted to leave soon.

You walked carefree into the forest as you started to look for a way out of it with your trusty flashlight. Things were going smoothly until you felt your stomach drop to the ground in a metaphorical sense.

You stopped walking as you turned off your flashlight out of instinct and squatted into the nearest tree. You stayed there as the time passes, you became more and more tense. So you pulled out your multi tool and flipped out the blade quietly as you silenced your breaths and focused on your surroundings.

You've done this before when you traveled to the medieval era, you "accidentally" beat the shit out of the bitchy princess for framing your acquaintance (who was a peasant) and had him locked away. The aftermath was you being chased down by knights in the forest, all in which you had to fight off because you accidentally stepped on a branch and one of them heard it. Let's say that encounter was written down in history and that's how you learned not to fuck with time.

But moving on, you narrowed your eyes as you moved onto an offensive position after hearing fast footsteps nearing. When it finally stopped, it was as right behind you and the tree your were hiding behind.

You peeked quietly to see what it could possibly be, only to see a man who smelled like iron.

'..blood' you held back from clicking your tongue as you thought to yourself and theorizing why this man was covered in blood. But your train of thoughts were halted when the man started sniffing the air like a predator tracking its pray.

You glared at the man as you shifted in your offensive position, as soon as the man turned his head to your direction with a shit-eating grin 'you knew it wasn't just a normal man.

You didn't know what you expected but it definitely wasn't this, actually no 'you expected aliens that wanted to conquer the world. So to see this..this thing in front of you and staring at your soul, you were disappointed.

The man flinched when you suddenly deadpanned at him after staring each other down for a while.

'Seriously?I'm not even gonna fight aliens? No futuristic guns? This is just disappointing' you thought as you continued to deadpan at the man and looked at him up and down, judging him.

The man had enough of your judgmental stare, it seriously irritated him...and maybe made him a bit insecure as well but he doesn't know that. He lunged at you faster than a normal human as you immediately got ready to retaliate 'clearly expecting this.

The man reached out to scratch your face but you leaned away professionally, hand to hand combat was something you had to learn when you had to travel to different time periods where humans were less friendly.

You grabbed the man's arm and twisted it behind him, making him grunt out of pain and surprise. He quickly tried to kick you but you read his move and body slammed him.

He grit his teeth in pain as he groaned on the ground and he rubbed his back. You changed your stance so you can actually put the blade to use when necessary. As soon as you did this, the man glared at you and yelled,

"WHAT KIND OF DIRTY MOVE WAS THAT HAH?! YOU HUMANS REALLY IRRITATE ME YOU KNOW?! ESPECIALLY HUMANS LIKE YOU" you raised a brow at the language the man was speaking before your expression turned into a nonchalant one.

"First of all, I attacked on self defense and second, the fuck you mean humans like me? Aren't you human too?" You calmly responded in Japanese as you dodged another attack from the man and kicked his leg forward, causing him to fall on his knees and you drop kicked him on the shoulder 'knocking the air out of him as he grunted.

"You stupid human. How could you mistake a demon for a human?! IDIOT" He responded as he struggled under your foot which was digging harshly onto his back. To the man's response, your narrowed eyes faltered and widened for a split second before putting your focus onto the current situation and narrowed your eyes again but this time with a sadistic grin.

You now had a slight clue what world you were in and that gave you a large advantage. You flipped the knife in your hold before you removed your foot that was keeping it pinned down and repeatedly stabbed the demon in the back of its head. The demon screamed and yelled out of agony as it stopped moving.

You stood up and stepped back warily, you narrowed your eyes at the demons unmoving body before it shined out of amusement after 5 minutes, when it limply moved its fingers as you saw the back of his head heal rather slowly.

Any other person would have felt like throwing up at the sight but you just watched it with an astonished expression.

On the first day in the new world you were in, you collected so much information. You were in the world of Kimetsu No Yaiba and the unknown voice chose you to help and save the demon slayers from Kibutsuji's wrath.

"Changing things in this world will be harder than it seemed, especially now that i know it has a plot." You mumbled as you look around for something pin the demon down permanently until the sun rises, opening your flashlight to see much better.