ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ | ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs

×

"Shh, stop yelling! They're staring at us," she hissed at her friend, who couldn't care less about how loud he was being. "You're so embarrassing, my god."

The raven-haired man just shrugged and continued with his task, not caring.

"Jungkook, you're not playing the game the right way!" she yelled as the man disregarded the rules and started playing with his hands.

"Shut up and lemme do what I want."

"Fine," she said, surrendering with an eye roll to her friend. Junbyoung simply watched from the sidelines as her only friend cheated in the games. Luckily, her wealthy friend was able to rent out the entire arcade hall. 

"I am not associated with him," she murmured, as some people from the outside gave the two of them strange looks.

After the game finished, Junbyoung promptly dragged Jungkook to the other games inside the arcade. 

"Let's play basketball." She points out on the game.

"But you're good at it." Jungkook pouts his lips. Junbyoung let out a snort.

"As if you're not and besides they're not connected with the real ones duh." She said on a matter-of-fact.

"Alright. If I win, you owe me dinner," he wagered.

"Same here," they said as they went to their separate booths and started the game simultaneously.

Both Jungkook and Junbyoung are equally concentrated on the game and their scores are almost identical after the first round. The red neon lights shows 124 to 125. 

"Just quit already midget. You'll lose." Jungkook said with a smug grin.

"Ha, as if." Junbyoung snorted before resuming shooting. Level two begins.

Junbyoung taunted Jungkook with a smirk, telling him he owed him dinner after losing. Jungkook pouted in response. "Aww, don't worry, honey. I'll share it with you."

She squeezed his chubby cheeks. Jungkook brushed away her hands and gently rubbed his red cheeks.

"Come on, let's go," he says as he pulls her towards the exit of the Game World. 

Junbyoung handed the spoon to Jungkook with a smile, offering him a taste of her dinner. Jungkook took a bite of the food and chewed thoughtfully. "Hmm. This is really good." 

"I know, right? Next time, I'll take you out to dinner," she said with a smile to her best friend. They converse with each other until it's time to depart for home. 

Both of them walk towards the bus stop and wait for it to arrive. Jungkook showed his phone to Junbyoung as they waited.

"Wait, we're meeting for season sixty-five already? I thought it was scheduled for next month," she said while scrolling through the latter's phone. 

Jungkook expressed his belief that the Sports Committee desires for all schools to participate this year, unlike last year.

"Is it really in February? The school year is almost over," she wondered to herself.

"Hold on. Most of the top players are in their senior years, right? Maybe that's why they requested it from the committee," Jungkook suggested.

Junbyoung nodded and said, "Maybe..."

Upon the bus's arrival, they both entered and took seats next to each other, engaging in lively conversation about anything that caught their interest. 

"See you tomorrow?" Junbyoung inquires while they are standing in front of her house.

Jungkook nodded in agreement. "At the same time. Goodbye."