{Chapter 14}

______________________________________
°. •'°. •'°. •'°. •'°. •'°. •'°. •'°. •'°. •'°. •°. •'°. •'°.

"You... Who. Are. You." Claude glared at him. Wondering how he had entered the room without any guards showing up.

The small blonde had frozen up from shock, Claude had glared at him. He has seen that look before, but never thought it would be on him one day.

Athaniel felt like he couldn't breath properly, his eyes start to turn blur as tears start welling up in his eyes. He had his hopes that this was just some ploy.

Only, it wasn't. It was real.

"Do... you really not remember me?"

"Like I said, Who. Are. You? I don't recall telling Felix to let anyone in."

His heart was beating quickly, too quick that people might suspect he was having a panic attack.

And they would be right, he was panicking, just not on the outside. Life didn't feel fair at moments like this.

He really should've planned better, he should've known this would happen one day, he should've known that he shouldn't had started to care for him he should've-

Claude stared at Athaniel's face, he felt his heart ache seeing him cry. Yet he didn't know why.

His memories seemed like a blur, and he couldn't recall what he had been doing the moment before, it would take some time for his mind to clear up.

But who was this kid Infront of him? Why did he want to hug him and comfort him when he saw him crying?

'Who is he? Why does he make me feel like this?'

"You. Why does my heart ache when I see you cry?" He was confused and irritated on what he was feeling with a boy he had never met. One, that he speculated, had broken into his room.

His head hurt, and so does his chest. Specifically where his heart was. He felt a sort of longing and affection. Like he wanted to hold onto the boy and never let go.

It was like... like he was afraid to lose him, but why was he feeling this way? That he didn't know. He needed answers, and quick.

"We're... no, I'm no one important if you forgot about me..." Athaniel shook his head and felt his magic turn unstable, causing him to teleport by himself. Seemingly fading into the background, Athy style.

Claude stared at the slowly disappearing blonde and couldn't help but reach out to the fading figure.

Yet, he didn't even know the kid, much less how he looked like due to the low lighting in the room.

The only reason he knew the kid was a boy was due to the kids voice. One that sounded awfully familiar to him.

It sounded like a quiet and soft melody that he wanted to hear always. A sound that helps calm you down just by hearing it.

Claude felt like he forgot something important, but what?

Soon he would discover that letting him go was the worst decision he ever made. But that was for the future him to worry about.

He would regret not acting fast enough, that he didn't reach him in time.

* * *
After teleporting, Athaniel found himself in a very familiar garden.

Looking around with his red eyes, he saw that the place looked very familiar... but he was sure he had never been here before.

'Where did I see this place before? Hmm... wait, wasn't this the place Athy and Ijekiel first meet?!? AHHH' He held his head in frustration.