•Chapter 2•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•Odd one•

TW : Profanity, Violence, Gore and Blood

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

You spotted a thick and sharp branch nearby with your flashlight as you immediately ran to pick it up and turned back to the demon only to see it slowly standing up with an expression that looks like he was about to kill which was true since every part of him was shaking out of anger as he slowly turned towards you with wide and angry eyes.

"You can't do anything to me with the puny branch human. And that knife won't do shit either. Do you really underestimate demons that much. If so then I'll be glad to SHOW YOU WHAT DEMONS ARE CAPABLE OF" he said as he raised his voice and yelled before lunging at you with pure hatred in his eyes, his movements much faster.

You can't say it caught you off guard since you expected this but you knew you still had the advantage because now the demon was just acting based on emotion, no thought put into its attacks. You sneered at it as it somehow looked at you with even more hatred as it greeted its teeth and pulled at its hair out of frustration because you kept dodging.

"why won't you..JUST DIE?!" It screamed as it lunged at you yet again as you dodged and hit a vital point by its neck, effectively knocking it out. You let out an amused huff as you brought your arm up, holding the thick sharp branch and piercing it through its chest and into the ground.

It woke up screaming out of agony as it felt the branch pierce through them. Just like you planned to do, you pinned the demon to the ground by the thick sharp branch so it won't get away and die when the sun rises.

You turned to leave, swinging your bag onto your back with one hand and the other in your pocket as the demon screamed and yelled at you as you simply ignored it.

"YOU WONT GET AWAY WITH THIS"

"What?"

"YOU WON'T GET AW-"

"What????"

"YOU-"

"WHATTT?? SPEAK UP, I CANT HEAR YOU FROM ALL THE WAY OVER HERE, LOSER."

After that exchange with the demon, you saw the sky get lighter as you whistled and stopped to turn back to the demon who was now shaking in fear as it saw the rising sun.

You watched as it burned into ashes, your expression was nonchalant as you shrugged before turning to actually leave.

After walking for a good 2 hours, you finally found a village which was expectedly old fashioned but you still loved it. You didn't enter the village knowing you'll immediately stand out with your attire and you didn't bring any with you since you though it would just be a quick trip and you didn't necessarily have Taisho aged Japanese clothing in your closet.

So now you were just setting up your camp in a nearby opening, near the village. You sat on a small rock as you sighed, letting all of the events settle in your head and thought about what you had to do next as you took another bite of your granola bar.

'I can't necessarily just sit here and I don't even know how deep everything is in the story when I got here.' You thought as you finished your granola bar and put the trash in your pocket cause you didn't want some random person to find a piece of plastic from the future and put it in a museum.

You rolled your shoulder as you stretched your arms and legs, tired from the first demon encounter.

'Then there's no time to sit around, I'm gonna have to enter the village and find someone who can lend me a spare kimono that i can use to blend in better. Good thing I can communicate just fine because of my Japanese classes' you thought to yourself as you nodded at your little plan.

First you were going to rest and find a Kimono so you can blend in better, Second you're gonna find out how far you are into the story and once you do 'you'll create another plan from there. That other plan was something future [Name] has to worry about, not present [Name].

Although your temporary camp was all set, you didn't set up the tent because you also didn't want anyone running into it and start calling it a summer igloo.

Your camp wasn't much, It was just a rock to sit on, a ready to be inflamed bonfire and everything else was in your bag. You sighed contently before opening your eyes with a serious expression.

There was no way you'll enter the village looking like you do right now, until you remembered. The demon you killed was probably dust now and it's Kimono and Haori could still be there.

With that you immediately sat up from the rock and marked every tree you ran across with your knife from the multitool, the same one you used on the demon and cleaned in a nearby river.

-2 hours later

You were finally at your destination as you look to see the clothes were still there, not only that but the socks and Geta as well. You sure are a lucky woman huh, [Name].

Just as you removed the thick branch, which was still pierced into the dirt 'you stiffened at the sound of running footsteps in the distance as you knew it wasn't a demon. You put a hand to your chest as you focused, your features starting to change and your body becoming more "mature".

Your time manipulation ability never had any limits and to that, you experimented with it and found out you can select what you want to focus time on and age whatever that was to your liking. In this situation, you focused time on your body and aged it up in order to become more unrecognizable in the future for whatever or whoever was approaching as you continued to retrieve the clothing and heard foot steps behind you, which you payed no mind to.

"Excuse me." a boy called out as you recognized that voice almost immediately but he sounded much younger, you still didn't turn around as you continued to retrieve the clothes.

You swore you could feel an imaginary spear pierce through the boy's heart after you ignored him. So you saved him the embarrassment and hummed, signifying that you're listening.

The boy behind you perked up before continuing "Were you..the one that killed that demon?" He asked as you finally managed to retrieve the clothes but with a small problem.

"oh man! It has a hole through it! And the Haori too?! Agh! So i wasn't so lucky after all!" You exclaimed as the boy flinched at your sudden outburst, you sighed before turning to look at none other than Tomioka Giyuu. But younger, your expression softened at the sight of the Fox mask and the absence of his mismatched haori.

"..yes, yes i was" you replied after a long pause as Tomioka perked up as he looked at the thick branch before looking back at you and analyzed your entire profile.

To him you looked..odd because of your attire and features. You looked..foreign..and from the seems you managed to kill a demon by piercing through its chest and letting it burn which actually happened and now you're stealing its clothes, complaining because there's a hole through it. A hole that you caused, which made him deadpan at you as you start to complain about the hole again.

You surely were an odd one.