Chapter one - My very own headspace

I wake up on a plain white bed. The only signs of entertainment that can be found in the room is just a computer and a black cat. It looks quite familiar to my cat Mewo that me and my brother SUNNY used to own. i drag myself out of the bed. Shivers crawl down my legs as my bear feet touch the cold floor. This space is almost empty but yet comforting. Almost as if it were my very own comfort zone in my head. I walk around the room and after observing some of the things i boot up my laptop. Though it looks far from the one I have in real life it still has the same games and apps. It even has blackjack, but I'm not so interested in that game.

I flinch as I hear a slight meow come from behind me. I feel a soft sensation press against my feet. I look down and turns out it was Mewo. Seems like she's bored and wants some attention as usual! I pet her and play around with her. "Ow, Mewo!" She bit my hand. This has happened before. Whenever she feels too comfortable around someone she does that. Just like a regular cat. "Don't worry, Mewo! I still forgive you!" I hug Mewo and right after I put her down. Before she could even touch the ground she leaps and jumps on my pillow. Guess she doesn't like cold floor.

I stand up and notice a pale white door. Just standing there, doing nothing. The door casts a heavy shadow. Am I sure I want to open it? It looks kind of sketchy. Think, MARI think! This door could either lead to something terrible or a safe place. Or maybe even... the real world? No, MARI! Don't lift your hopes up! I can't just simply revive from the dead just by opening a door. Now can I? Just in case I peek through the key whole. I see what happens to be a purple and pink lit room. The room features three people. They look awfully similar to my friends AUBREY, KEL and HERO, but younger versions of themselves.

I'm hesitant but I open the door anyway. As I open the door I see the same room that i saw. Purple, pink walls and floor. Even a giant cat staring at me near the staircase. They suddenly get alerted. One of the people run up to me and hold my hand. "MARI, It's you! It's finally you! We've been looking all over the place and we couldn't find you anywhere! Not even at the playground and not even at your picnic area." The young girl seems to be AUBREY. A girl I was childhood friends with. I wonder how she is doing in the real world... Because I know for sure that this is some dream land for me to escape reality!

She takes my palm and leads me to her other friends. "Oh, MARI! I was just thinking about you. You do know I get worried whenever you're not here with us for long enough." HERO smiles as a faint blush covers his cheeks. "Ooooh, HERO's getting all blushy~" KEL teases HERO and pokes his cheek. "S-Stop it, KEL! It's not funny!" KEL keeps chuckling. "KEL, why can't you leave an older boy alone? Older kids are not to be messed with!" KEL glares angrily at AUBREY. "Oh come on! HERO's not that kind of mean teenager. He's waaaay nicer then those other older boys who stole our lunch bags!" 

"Stole your lunch bags? When" KEL and AUBREY look at me as they are about to say something. "Oh, right! There were some meanies who stole our lunch bags previously. They're such bullies!"  AUBREY folds her arms and shakes her head. "Why didn't you tell us? We could've easily bought you new lunch." KEL turns his head to HERO. "I know, but we also didn't want you to spend your money on some crappy old lunch bags!" HERO sighs and stands up. "If you say so..." 

"Oh, right! W-what about SUNNY and BASIL?" They all turn their heads and face me. "Huh, SUNNY? Who's that? You mean your brother OMORI?" OMORI? I have never heard that name. It sounds slightly similar to a japanese name 'Hikikomori', but I'm not too sure. I won't question them though. He's probably only called that name in this weird looking dream world... "Right, Right... Shall we visit them?" HERO speaks up and slightly chuckles. "Of course we should! OMORI has been worried about you for a while now." 

I follow them to meat this so called 'OMORI' who seems to be my brother. I follow them up on a staircase and meet a small crawl space. Though It's kind of  cramped I still manage to move quite fine. As I crawl out I get greeted with a pleasant lavender aroma. This area is almost the same as the playground me and my friends used to go to in the real world when we were kids. Butterflies fly all over the place. The grass is a minty green and so are the trees, the sky is and unnatural lit up purple. As I look to my right I see SUNNY and BASIL just sitting there near a tree. I'm usually used to seeing a checkered picnic area near that tree. 

SUNNY sees me and runs toward me without any trace of emotion. he hugs me and I hug him back.

guess this is a headspace...